Wednesday, May 2, 2018

31 Years Ago Today


BEADS OF JOY 05-02-18
31 Years Ago Today”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS




My Friends,

I apologize if you were expecting a reflection today. Today Chrissy and I would have been together 31 years. See Chrissy and I eloped on October 24, 1986 and then we had a big church wedding at Holy Child Church on May 2, 1987, followed by a mini version of the Wedding for all our Nun friends at Our Mother of Consolation Convent. We also had our reception in Convent Hall. We loved that place. All of this happened on Staten Island, NY. We grew up 8 blocks away from one another.

I feel like I can share much better this year, compared to last year. I feel like there has been a healing now. Unless you have been here, it is so difficult to explain, so that a person who has never lost a spouse could understand. Think of what it might feel like if you lost your left arm and your right leg. Now try to function as if there was never anything that changed. I dare to say, initially it would be impossible. But, with time and healing and learning how to function, you would be able to manage with no problem. That’s kinda, sorta, how it feels.

Today I’d like to share pictures and some music. The pictures put a smile on my face and tears in my eyes; and the music warms my heart, as if Chrissy was hugging me. You’ll see there are a lot of songs I loved to sing to my love. She’d always give me an endearing smile, I just know she loved it; now my voice?, well that’s another story. The reason I am not a singer, is because, well I am not even remotely one. LOL I think I sound great, but I have never met anyone who would agree with me.





She is so beautiful !!


I always loved Chrissy's smile, she always smiled.


One of my favorite pictures of my cutie-pie.

Absolutely gorgeous.
How in the world did a dork like me ever get her? 


This was Our Wedding Song




I sang this to Chrissy A LOT!!




Here’s another one I sang to Chrissy!
 


This song I sang to Chrissy, 2 days before her passing away.
But then I always sang this song to her, everywhere we heard it.
We have a set of keyboards, I was teaching myself this song – for Chrissy.
(I was just all chocked up, listening to this in the background.)



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Chrissy my love - Happy Anniversary !!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady (A Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/