Monday, May 21, 2018

Bring Him To Me


BEADS OF JOY 05-21-18
“Bring Him To Me”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,

This was during Chrissy's 22-day hospital stay in 2010.
Doctors said she would never come home. She did.

Today’s Gospel: 
Mark 9:14-29 (Jesus Heals A Boy with an Evil Spirit)
“And when they came to the disciples, they saw a great crowd about them, and scribes arguing with them. And immediately all the crowd, when they saw him, were greatly amazed, and ran up to him and greeted him. And he asked them, "What are you discussing with them?" And one of the crowd answered him, "Teacher, I brought my son to you, for he has a dumb spirit; and wherever it seizes him, it dashes him down; and he foams and grinds his teeth and becomes rigid; and I asked your disciples to cast it out, and they were not able." And he answered them, "O faithless generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him to me." And they brought the boy to him; and when the spirit saw him, immediately it convulsed the boy, and he fell on the ground and rolled about, foaming at the mouth. And Jesus asked his father, "How long has he had this?" And he said, "From childhood. And it has often cast him into the fire and into the water, to destroy him; but if you can do anything, have pity on us and help us." And Jesus said to him, "If you can! All things are possible to him who believes." Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!" And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, "You dumb and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him, and never enter him again." And after crying out and convulsing him terribly, it came out, and the boy was like a corpse; so that most of them said, "He is dead." But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose. And when he had entered the house, his disciples asked him privately, "Why could we not cast it out?" And he said to them, "This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”


Reflection:
This is our Lord's very first miracle after He was seen by Peter, James and John at the Transfiguration. This healing is very powerful, many people witnessed this, and many people knew this man and his son.

Kudos and a high five to this very distressed dad, a true man of honor, one whose heart is for Jesus no doubt. Picture the scene: This dad sees Jesus, knows who He is, rushes over to Him on behalf of his son, most likely knelt or bowed down to Jesus (he did call him Teacher which means Rabbi), he asked for a healing for his son, but I'd say he may have been begging, knowing the disciples couldn't heal him, figuring maybe his son couldn't be healed. This man was brought humbly down to his knees before a large crowd of people. I’m sure it was an absolutely moving scene to have witnessed. This father’s love for his son shines brightly in today's scripture.

My mother's mom had epilepsy. From when I was a little kid, I'd see her have seizures, fall on the floor and lay there for a while. My grandpa, bless his soul, really loved grandma. As soon as he knew she was going into a seizure, he'd hold her tight, now my grandpa was small; and during her epileptic seizure she gained much strength, so holding her was a challenge, even for my grandpa who was a boxer in the Navy. But he'd hold her and say, "Susan, Susan, look at me, relax, relax." Then he made sure she didn't swallow her tongue. Pretty dramatic scene, but normal to me, seeing it all my life. So, I can relate to some degree with how this dad had to be there for his son.

Today this father succeeded in his plea to Jesus to heal his son. Let us never lose hope that we can't have the same healing. Be brave and bold like this father was. Let the love you have for one another combine with the love you have for Jesus, and as soon as you possibly can, unite the two together. And pray and pray and pray, asking for God's mercy. And then trust and trust and trust that in His time, you will be healed and blessed in accord to His will.

Jesus Heals Boy from Evil Spirit



Pondering these thoughts today: Even though Jesus rebuked the evil Spirit, and the man fell to the ground; it wasn’t the man who was in anguish, it was the devil who was suffering. Jesus punished the evil spirits within the man, the captive within was punished for what he had done to this young man. We must trust fully in His love and His mercy. Especially when our loved ones and those we love are suffering in anyway. Consider praying for those who are hurting and suffering, physically and emotionally. A scare doesn’t have to bleed to need a healing. Here’s a pray I wrote while Chrissy was suffering.

My Lord Jesus, please help my unbelief. I know sometimes it seems like I have doubt in You Lord, but I don't. I think that's the human fear that is within me at times. My heart knows You, and my Spirit is alive inside, and it’s all about me desiring to get closer to You. Also know my Lord, I place all my trust in You, You alone I give my full trust and allegiance to every single blessed day You allow me to walk this earth. Please take care of my Chrissy, she means the world to me and I love her with all my heart and I know you know that. Thank You for everything, I love You with all my heart Lord. Amen.”

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Monday mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.



Rosary Man Jim’s Joyful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-joyful-mysteries_10.html

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/