Thursday, May 3, 2018

He Who Believes In Me


BEADS OF JOY 05-03-18
He Who Believes In Me
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel:
John 14:6-14 (Jesus The Way to The Father)
“Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; henceforth you know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves. "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.”

Reflection:
I pray that your love for our Lord grows stronger every day. For through Him we can know and love God, in a most blessed personal way. We must remember, when we see Jesus, we see God. Loving Jesus is loving God. Consider this also: Mary always leads us to Jesus; and through Jesus, He leads us to His Father (God). We must begin our prayers with the utmost reverence and love. It was Jesus who taught us the “Our Father” and what does the Lord’s Prayer do for us? It leads us to the Father. We must pray the “Our Father” with confidence.

"Saint Augustine says that whenever we say the Our Father devoutly our venial sins are forgiven. The just man falls seven times a day, but in the Lord's Prayer he will find seven petitions which will both help him to avoid downfalls and will protect him from his spiritual enemies. Our Lord, knowing how weak and helpless we are, and how many difficulties we get into, made His Prayer short and easy to say, so that if we say it devoutly and often we can be sure that Almighty God will quickly come to our aid." ~The Secrets of The Rosary, this is a book by St. Louis de Montfort. I highly recommend you get it. I still have my original copy from back in 1983. Most places sell them for on $2, a lot even for $1. In the past, I use to buy them by the case of 100 copies, keep them in my car, and give them away, when the opportunities came.

Let us look at the 7 Petitions of the “Our Father” from an earlier blog I wrote: “So what are the seven petitions of the Lord's Prayer? They are really so simple to remember by their own design. Check this out. The first three take us right to the Father (hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, and thy will be done). These are all for God's glory, strengthening us in faith, hope and charity... Now check out the last four, they are all about our own expectations, it's pretty cool (Give us, Forgive us, Lead us, and Deliver us) wow, this prayer is so perfectly laid out. Those are our needs we are asking God the Father to accomplish for us.”




Feast of St Philip & St James, Apostles


Pondering these thoughts today: If you were to be honest with yourself; what would you say is the single most important goal in your life? Hopefully it’s not of worldly influence, you do know that all the things of this world will pass. Might I suggest that the single most important goal in your life be: to know God, not merely through scripture, but more so personally. Through the power of the Holy Spirit that has been given to us, we will begin to know and love God. Always look at God as our Father, make this relationship with Him very personal. Jesus is God and through Jesus we can see and know more directly who God is.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!




Rosary Man Jim's Luminous Reflections: http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-luminous-mysteries.html

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/

I made my second podcast - episode #2
Episode #2 (Decade With Our Lady) Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/e/my-discernment-to-the-priesthood/