Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Your Word Is Truth


BEADS OF JOY 05-16-18
“Your Word Is Truth”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 17:11-19 (The Prayer of Jesus)
“And now I am no more in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me that they may be one, even as we are one. While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me; I have guarded them, and none of them is lost but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled. But now I am coming to you; and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I do not pray that you should take them out of the world, but that you should keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you did send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth.”

Reflection:
Did you know that -what motivated Jesus to surrender His life for us to fulfill the Father’s Will, can motivate us to surrender our life for Him? What was it? It was love, the love of His Father that He wanted fulfill God's Will to unite us with God. Obviously, that is my perspective. Jesus never saw the Cross as a shameful, disgraceful way to die. Rather a way that He may glorify His Father in obedience to His Father’s Will. Jesus by example for us, fully trusted in God the Father to give Him strength, courage and perseverance. Jesus never ran from His cross and never complained about it, instead He embraced it.

We to must take up our own Cross every day, regardless to where it may lead us, and so we to can move forward with our lives. Inside of each of us, we have the power of the Holy Spirit that we can harvest on throughout our spiritual journey. That Spirit within us, is from God directly, through prayer and perseverance all things are possible with God. We can learn a lot from what John Henry Newman wrote, “God has created me to do him some definite service; he has committed some work to me which he has not committed to another. I have my mission – I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next. I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons. He has not created me for nothing. Therefore, I will trust him. Whatever, wherever I am. I cannot be thrown away.”

John 17:11-19
(Daily readings for today.)





Pondering these thoughts today: Is your life, a living consecration to God? It is God’s Word and truth that sets us free from the deception of sin. Trusting fully in God and living a life that is holy and set apart for God isn’t easy. The world will reject you. God sent His Son into the world and they rejected Him; and so, Jesus sends His disciples and us into the world. Trust fully in God’s Call in your life; trust also in the purpose for your life. We may never know if we are certainly doing exactly what God has sent us to do, but one thing we can be certain of is this: If we live our lives holy and set apart for God, we are most likely, very close to, exactly what our purpose and calling is. Allow the Spirit within to help guide you.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Our Lady (A Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/