Sunday, May 6, 2018

You Are My Friends


BEADS OF JOY 05-06-18
“You Are My Friends”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel:
John 15:9-17 (Jesus The Real Vine)
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide; so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. This I command you, to love one another.”

Reflection:
Jesus loves us so much. Open your heart and let Him in. Allow Him to do as He will with His love for you; in turn your love for Him will become immeasurable and overflowing. The Father and the Son together unite in their love for us. Jesus shows us the way. We must be bold and fearless in what we believe in. Loving Jesus was never meant to be simple and easy. Jesus warned us what they would do to Him, and what they would and could do to us. With the knowledge we have, let us embrace Him with everything we got, never to let Him go.

Common question I hear: How do I prove to God that I really do love Him? That’s actually easier than one might think. Embrace the Cross in life, that you have been given, in doing so -that acceptance and genuine love for the Cross unites our hearts with Jesus. The pain and suffering of this life, for our love and trust in Him; unite us eternally with Him. We must be willing to lay down our lives for our friends; without hesitation or thought that take us way from doing what is right. Always remember Jesus knows what’s in our hearts.

Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious.” ~St. Thomas Aquinas

Don’t expect your friend to be a perfect person. But, help your friend to become a perfect person. That’s true friendship...” ~St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Touching Friendship Story
(This film, Wow! I just wanted to share it.)



Pondering these thoughts today: Look at verse 13, “Greater love has no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends.” Jesus really loves us, just as He loved the disciples. Jesus knew the only way for Him to give us eternal life; was that He’d have to not only give all that He had, He really had to give everything so that we might have abundant life. Do you feel compelled by our Lord? Does He not fill your heart with so much overflowing Joy that you can’t help but give your best in His service, all the time? We need to be more like Jesus. Uniting our hearts and even our allegiance with Him, we will be able to grow spiritually. We must pray that nothing on the earth will keep us from our love for Him. I hope this film inspires you to cherish the friendships you have. A couple of Chrissy’s closest friends still contact me occasionally, telling me how much they miss her. Each friendship must be a gift, a gift we cherish.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady
(Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/

I made my second podcast - episode #2
Episode #2 (Decade With Our Lady) Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/e/my-discernment-to-the-priesthood/