Thursday, May 17, 2018

Father, I Desire That


BEADS OF JOY 05-17-18
“Father, I Desire That”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

 My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 17:20-26 (The Prayer of Jesus)
“I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word, that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory which you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to behold my glory which you have given me in your love for me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world has not known you, but I have known you; and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

Reflection:
Isn’t it pretty incredible how we always see ourselves as people who would pray to Jesus? And yet in today’s gospel Jesus is praying to the Father -expressing His love for the Father, while praying for us. Throughout Jesus’ life He lived a life full of prayer, blessings and gratitude to His Father. We can learn a lot about prayer from Jesus, simply look at what He said; His prayers are personal, very direct and most especially, focused on the good of others.

Our Lord worries about our well-being more than I think many of us may know. Staying in tune in prayer each day, keeps us closer to our Lord. When we speak He hears us, so in turn we should spend time in silence before Him. Consider Eucharistic Adoration, to be a time and place we go before our Lord; to be open to listen. No, Jesus’ voice isn’t always audio-able, sometimes it’s internal, other times it maybe through scripture; and then even other times, different events and people come into our lives, and these situations lead us to an obvious answer to much prayer.



Jesus' High Priestly Prayer (John 17:1-26)
(This is the entire Prayer for all of Chpt. 17)



Pondering these thoughts today: Let us unite in prayer today with Jesus. John 17, is said to be the longest recorded prayer of Jesus. How do you respond to this most incredible prayer? Jesus’ love is revealed, His heart most certainly loves His Father; even further into that –He most genuinely loves each of us, those who believe in Him and follow after Him. Do you recognize other believers as sisters and brothers, who love the same Father? If you don’t, you should consider the unity of family that our Lord has given to us. To you ladies out there who share my (our) faith; I am your brother, and you are my sister. To you gentlemen out there who share my (our) faith, we are brothers.



Bonus Video
Why Eucharistic Adoration?

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!



Rosary Man Jim's Luminous Reflections: http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-luminous-mysteries.html

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/