Friday, February 11, 2011

Holy Eucharist - With Jesus

Beads of Joy 02-11-11

Holy Eucharist - With Jesus
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

DECADE OF THOUGHT: "Institution of the Eucharist - Do you have a deep sincere love for the Mass, and being with our Lord ?"

What an absolutely Joy today,will be to share the Joy of the Mass. This mystery is drenched in so much love and Joy that I will only be able to merely scratch the surface. I pray that you to have that awesome, excited, bubbly feeling inside your heart and soul; at the very thought of being able to attend Mass and be with Jesus. I still do, even after 28 years of Jesus in my life. There is something extremely special, in a very personal way when we attend Mass; and that is Jesus' presence. How many people really know the "Order of the Mass", you know the prayers we pray out-loud, and the prayers the priests say on the altar? I am so in love with the entire Mass as one big prayer that it truly sets my heart and soul on fire; to hear it, to participate in it and to feel the people around me being part of it. I simply very honestly just outright love Mass. In the past I was a daily Mass goer, and I did that for many years. Actually it has been a part of my life on two separate occasions. One, when we first got married, I use to pass a church that had 5:30am Mass, and that was awesome, I did that for years. And the second time was when I was unemployed in Niagara Falls for a pretty long time. I had a part time night job doing forklift work in a company called Buffalo Hospital Supply. After I got home, I grabbed a quick nap, and ran off to St Christopher's in Amherst, NY which I was part of the 5:45am Rosary, followed by a Mass. That little group was thee most absolute blessing in my life that I needed precisely at that time. God is so good to us.

You know me with scripture and how much I love reading it, meditating on it, and sharing it. So let's look at the scripture that surrounds this mystery and also plays a significant role in how the Mass is structured:

Matthew 26:26-30
"Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, "Take, eat; this is my body." And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you; for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I shall not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom." And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives."

This is a topic I really seriously enjoy. How often do you attend and participate in Mass? Do you only go on Sunday's? Do you only think of Mass as a Sunday thing? And where do you try to sit for Mass, upfront, near Father, near the music ministry, near the exit?? Many different people have different preferences. As a family in the past we were always front row. As time as passed and our posy has increased in size, it has pushed up back to the third or fourth row. Whenever I am alone with my family, I am always front row. Towards the bottom of today's blog I have attached a link that help you take the time to learn the Mass more fluently. You know what I did, I get the missal sent to my house, it's only like $12-$15 a year, cheaper if you really look around. And then when I got it home, I started praying the Mass privately so I can really embed it in my heart, not to mere memory, but for pure love.

I challenge you to even ask your priest for starters, if you can borrow the missal; and that you will bring it back next Sunday for Mass. When you get it home there is a section called "The Order of Mass", make time for it to be a time of prayer and meditation adoring and seriously ingraining these prayers in your heart. I was so intense and worked up with Joy, that I have spent time re-writing that entire section out. I did by hand once and I typed it twice. I still spend many hours a week and month in awe enjoying the prayers of the Mass. We have been so blessed to be able to worship and praise Jesus in the Holy Mass. I encourage you to embrace the Mass with every fiber of your being, and allow your heart to be entwined with the love shared in Mass. Mass will never be the same after you do all this. Let's look at a few of the prayers that to me light my soul on fire for Jesus... I am sure so many of you know these prayers:

Penitential Act
I confess to almighty God,
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have sinned
through my own fault
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done,
and in what I have failed to do;
and I ask blessed Mary, ever virgin,
all the angels and saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God
.
The absolution by the Priest follows:
May almighty God have mercy on us,
forgive us our sins,
and bring us to everlasting life
.
The people reply:
Amen.

Gloria
Glory to God in the highest,
and peace to his people on earth.
Lord God, heavenly King, almighty God and Father,
we worship you, we give you thanks, we praise you for your glory.
Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
you take away the sin of the world: have mercy on us;
you are seated at the right hand of the Father: receive our prayer.
For you alone are the Holy One, you alone are the Lord,
You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit, in the glory of God the Father. Amen
.

The Order of Mass
http://catholic-resources.org/ChurchDocs/Mass.htm

"Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. Crowing with Thorns
4. Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of Jesus