Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hunger or Trust - Which One??

Beads of Joy 02-12-11

Hunger or Trust - Which One??
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Incredible story and witness here. What does Jesus basically ask?, "What do you have?" and then what does He do? He gives thanks to God above, and then He fulfills their needs, and with left overs when He is done. In other words, the blessings God gives us when we are in need, far exceed what we need. The blessings come to us in an abundance beyond our cries for help. Absolutely incredible story of God's power indeed, and how he can make what little we have do something so great that it can touch thousands. In this miracle, food was the driving force behind the desire to have the want and need fulfilled. When food or an addiction to something comes into play; our physical and emotional self drive sometimes takes over. We don't always think these things out, we tend to be in a scramble worrying and trying to meet our needs. So when we are hungry or in need of something right now... How do we handle that? Do we lose trust in our Lord? Do our physical needs, and desires surpass our spiritual ones? Today we are pondering and reflecting upon Mark 8:1-10 (Jesus Feeds the Four Thousand). Honestly think about this, is there really anything here on earth that absolutely satisfies our inner hunger, not our stomachs hunger; but rather the inner hunger we have for God.

See there is the place inside of all of us, it is a driving force that is seeking to be fulfilled. Has that place been saved, protected and reserved for Jesus only? Or do we allow the things of this world to fill it? There is so much insight into this scripture today, many things to think about. God alone can and will sustain our needs, we really need to fully trust in Him and know that He will, by all means look after us. I believe the trust we have in Him, is more so tested here than our desire for food or anything for that matter. And every Sunday, or every day if you can; you can receive Jesus in a way that will satisfy you far beyond anything this world can ever provide. Receiving Jesus in the Holy Eucharist is far beyond simple fulfillment of hunger pangs. Jesus fills us with something that will not only sustain our life and make our lives everlasting; but He fills us with something (His love) that we can share with everyone, over and over again.

When you are in need, and you do approach Jesus, what do you expect to get from Him ? Our needs are very important to Him, and He does meet them; obviously not always when we demand them. He knows our needs more than we do, and He knows when we really need them. Sometimes hunger pangs and doing without are what we need more than having that need fulfilled. I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I can relate to that very much. I have shared moments in our lives when we were left a drift and barely were able to put food on our table. We cried and searched and kept looking for help. God provided for us, even in our fear and worries, He did provide, because He knew our needs. There are hundreds of ways to make macaroni and cheese for dinner several days in a row; and peanut butter with a spoon, can and does sustain life for several days.

It's totally remarkable, yet not surprising on the timing of today's blog. See I am a vegetarian, and I fall to the wayside with that lifestyle when I am under tremendous stress. I only do that because my focus on my own health is forgotten by me, while I am trying to help and make sure everyone else is doing well. I know that sounds a bit backwards, because if I am not in good health, how can I take care of anyone else? I know that, but sometimes it just takes that one moment, that one big insight of wisdom and you wake up thinking, "Oh no Lord what will we do?". Well that's what happened to me. I woke up thinking, "Oh no Lord what will I do?" about taking care of myself, so I can continue taking care of my family? Everyone don't have to agree to the Vegetarian way, like I do. The main focus here is trusting in God, and in your quest of seeking Him out; and so you can take care of yourself along the way. God is so good, beyond anything we have ever thought possible.

"Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation
2. The Visitation
3. The Birth of Jesus
4. The Presentation in The Temple
5. Finding of Jesus in the Temple