Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Proclamation - God's Calling You

Beads of Joy 02-09-11

Proclamation - God's Calling You
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

DECADE OF THOUGHT: "Proclamation of the Kingdom - Did you ever think of how special our Lords message is in your own life?"

Jesus has begun, and you have been chosen, and called to serve Him. What is your reaction to that? Hey come back! Why are you running away? LOL, just kidding, I bet you aren't running away, but you are rather running towards our Lord as He calls you. What is in store for you now that you accepted our Lord's invitation to walk with Him? Our Lord chooses ordinary people to do some pretty extraordinary things, and I know we can do it. In scripture it looks like once John the baptist was put in prison, Jesus withdrew to Galilee, leaving Nazareth and went to go live in Capernaum. This is all in the end of chapter 4 in Matthews gospel. But here is the verse that officially states it clearly, verse 17, "From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near." John the baptist was the fore-runner for Jesus, and now Jesus is here and ready to begin.

Are you ready, willing, and able to offer up your life to our Lord fully? Now is not the time to get cold feet, now is the time to work and do all we can to help draw others to Him. This ain't no club, this ain't no membership thing either. This is all about a relationship with the one true God, who we call Jesus, who is our Savior and Lord. He alone died on a cross to save us from our own selfishness, that could very well send us to hell for all eternity. But His sacrifice allows us to now have Holy Spirit live inside us, to help direct us to Him, so we can spend eternity in Heaven with Him. LOL, did that make sense? It's time to just make that one most important commitment in your life, that one that won't ever change, or be forgotten; in fact it'll intensify as time progresses. Jesus asks all of us to follow Him. Let's do it, be bold, and keep the wind to your back and our Lord secured in our heart and soul. Here are some inspiring thoughts to live by:

"Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."
~Ephesians 6:19-20

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." ~Matthew 16:24

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” ~John 8:12

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"
~2 Corinthians 5:17

You know, there are way too many scriptures to share; that all point us in the direction of following Jesus, so I simply picked a few to hopefully spark some excitement. I really hope and pray that you to, find that special spark (Jesus) in your heart and soul, then once you find Him, you move towards Him your entire life. If there is anything you never want to change, it's how you feel about our Lord. Once you are in love with Him and you have a burning desire to follow after Him; and imitate Him, and to draw others to Him, your life will be exciting. Every bodies life is different and it don't matter (it does matter, just trying to make a point)if you have no Jesus for 80 years, and then on your death bed you wake up and realize all that matters is Jesus or you know Him since you were a toddler. Obviously it would be more of a blessing for you and those around you to know Jesus as soon as you can, and for as long as you can. The main key is that you know Him, love Him and devote your life to Him, as soon as you can.


I say all that while looking at my own life. And I compare the numbers, the years. None of this has any spiritual significances, it's just my own observation of my own long term lifetime commitment to my Lord. So check this out: I have had a CDL license for 5 years; I was in business with my dad for almost 20 years; I have been making Rosaries since 1989 - so that's 22 years; I have been married for 24 years, and I have been online since the official internet began by using AOL in the early part of 1984 which is about 27. And I have been in love with Jesus, His mom, and the Rosary since the spring of 1983 making it 28 years. And that hasn't changed or gone away at all, in fact my love and devotion in following after Him has only intensified..

If there anything that makes me happy in this world we live in, it's this. After not seeing someone in 20-27 years, and they last remember me being a "Jesus freak" sharing the Rosary, and being so fixated on taking about our faith; and they turn to me and say, "You haven't changed one bit since we last saw each other, you still love Jesus." To me that's a witness in and of itself. I have been blessed with a bunch of experiences like that through the years. Not only friends, but some cousins as well. I am praying that all of you find that spark, throw it in high gear and you go full steam towards Jesus.

"Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection
2. The Ascension
3. The Descent of The Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption
5. The Coronation