Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mother Mary - Life Lessons

Beads of Joy 02-17-11

Mother Mary - Life Lessons
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

I really enjoy having our Blessed Mother on my heart and life everyday. She is my most favorite numero uno woman of my life. No one will ever take her place as numero uno in my life. I really look forward to the day I can meet her. She has been such an inspiration and motivation throughout my life since I got to know her Son back in 1983. Today and for a while, on and off I am going to do my best, to reflect on different aspects of Mary for us to consider. Reflections will include her daily life, the rich faith she had, the in the moment of living through the mysteries with her Son, Mary's travels; and so much more. Almighty God chose Mary, and we know God don't randomly just do things, He has a will and a plan. Mary's life was one of poverty in this world, her wealth was in her faith and it was because of that; that she had tremendous faith and trust in God, His word and His purpose that she submitted to.

What did Mother Mary do that was so special for us to reflect upon? Her greatest act of love was simply saying "Let it be done..." Other then her curiosity of how in world this could happened because of her virginity, Mary never again asked, or questioned or debated about what was ahead. She simply obeyed and trusted, even in the scariest of times as her Son was being killed. That is the beauty of our Blessed Mother, her unwavering faith. She didn't have an easy life, and I really believe that is what helped deepen her faith. Many people will agree that it seems to be, that the people closest to poverty, tend to be closest to our Lord. Why is that? I will say I know what it's like to have and to have not, in the past 24 years of marriage we have been on both ends of the spectrum. Poverty is a very powerful word, some immediately interpret that as "poor people." Others might think "oh they live in the slums". No matter what anybody thinks, people fall into poverty at all different levels in society. And depending on how you handle it, will determine what gifts you will receive while experiencing it. Yes I said gifts. To experience poverty is a blessing, beyond explanation. It may not make sense to some of you, but I'd rather be poor and on my knees before my Lord at the altar; than wealthy and on some tennis court.

Seriously look at Mary's life. She didn't live in a palace, she was certainly not wealthy. Her life was one of hard work and lots of prayer. And yet God chose Mary above all others to bring His only begotten Son into the world to save the world. Why? I guess we will never really know God's direct answer, but looking at all things and considering what has been said already; the most precious souls seem to be found in the families of those struggling. God knew Mary's heart, just like He knows all our hearts. He knows when we are for real, and He knows when we are working on our own ego. We may fool others, but we can't fool God. It's said that Mary was only 15 when the Angel Gabriel approached her, that must have been very scary. Scripture reveals that she was disturbed by the words of Gabriel, but she understood after a short explanation, and she took her place as Handmaid. Praise Jesus for Mary's unceasing faith.

My Love - My Mother

Mary my mother I love you
You are my mother and queen,
You have trusted in God so true
And because of you Jesus is seen.

He is your Son and our Lord
For with you we now have the King,
He is true Son of God and man
Mother Mary thank you for believing.


"Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist