Sunday, July 4, 2010

But The Laborers Are Few

Beads of Joy 07-04-10

But The Laborers Are Few
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Independence Day in America
Hello Everyone,

Today is of cause Independence Day in America. We pray that our freedoms are never lost and that our leadership in our country; realize that America is the greatest country in the world. We are the most generous, most giving and most protective of all nations rights. Let us pray that the American government has a sensible, common sense approach on all matters as they move ahead. Ok, enough about politics, today as in everyday is all about Jesus. Now we're talking. Today let us look at Luke 10:1-12, 17-20 (The Mission and Return of the Seventy-Two). Today's reading leave us with so many questions, some for understanding and others out of curiosity. For starters, What harvest is abundant? Who are the laborers Jesus is talking about? Why don't He want them carrying any money with them on their travels? Is Jesus' witness of satans fall something we should take careful note of? Do you see what I mean by, so many questions. It's always a wonderful day when Jesus is part of it, it's even more wonderful when we get to reflect upon His actual words.

Just as Luke dedicated his life sharing and spreading the Good News about Jesus to all, so should we. I know many of us have other interests or a busy schedule of responsibility; either way I think it is imperative that we all surrender our lives to serve God. Some may find a way to do so in a ministry of helping others, others might find it in a ministry of prayer (like our rosary ministry) and still others might find it in personally helping and encouraging others to draw themselves closer to Jesus. You know maybe it's the other verse that scares people from getting so close to God. "Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs in the midst of wolves. Carry no purse, no bag, no sandals; and salute no one on the road." verses 3-4. We need to trust fully in Jesus, trust that He will indeed take care of us, as we draw others to Him. Trust that His will for us is indeed the direction that we feel we are heading. It's not easy to fully place our entire trust in anyone period, let alone a God we can't physically see. And I think God understands that, but we must do just that. Trust in Him.

We must put all our joy, all our success in helping others, all our everything in Jesus. We must work in the shadows, and give praise to the light; the light that shines into all our lives "Jesus". The most joyful, most wonderful part of being so in love with Jesus is that nothing else matters; in that we don't need anything to be so consumed by Him. We just need to be in love with Him, His word, and for me, I have a sincere devout love for His mother. Spending time with Jesus is my first and foremost most important part of my everyday life. All that I do revolves around Him, all that I plan revolves around Him, all that I think of revolves around Him. Yes I am a "Jesus Freak", and proud of it. You to can be labeled a "Jesus Freak", it is a wonderful label. If I get called that I feel whatever it is they see in me and in my life must be Jesus. You know many people are really into so many things; fishing, sports, hobbies, and their life and home usually reflect that love. Why not have it reflect Jesus to everybody?

Today we should consider this: How can I (you) live a life that only reflects Jesus to others? In other words, when people see me, when people gain enlightenment from me, when people feel refreshed spiritually from me: Who do they see? If they don't see Jesus working through me, then I am not doing the bidding of my Lord, I am doing the bidding of myself; and if that be true then it's time for me (you) to stop, and re-evaluate what it is I am doing and refocus and direct everyone to Jesus. Today I challenge you to look at your own addictions and likes that you share and reflect to others around you; and reconsider your focus and your main joy, and let it be Jesus. Always pray, "Jesus, I trust in You". He will guide your heart.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO