Monday, July 26, 2010

Parables Are Spoken Often

Beads of Joy 07-26-10

Parables Are Spoken Often
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

These parables we read about are such a wonderful treasure for each of us to ponder and mediate and learn from. The part I enjoy so much about a "parable", is the fact that they can be interpreted in a variety of ways when approached from different angles and for different reasons. Today's simple short five verses have two parables jam packed in it. Some parables take only one to two verses and Jesus' message is spread. Jesus and the Father are one, God does not need many words to make His point. Let us look at this wonderful scripture and rejoice as we learn and grow ever so much closer to our Lord. Today we are reflecting upon Matthew 13:31-35 (The Parable of the Mustard Tree and Birds / The Parable of the Leaven and Meal). The Parable of the Mustard Tree and Birds are a mere two verses, while The Parable of the Leaven and Meal are three verses. I realize many people maybe looking at these parables and they may even be thinking, "What does a mustard tree and leaven have to do with the Kingdom of God?" All of Jesus' parables never divert from the truth, there is only one purpose; and only one reason why there is such a perfect harmony in all of what Jesus had to say and teach. And that was to further the Kingdom of God to all the ends of the earth. "For this is what the Lord has commanded us: "I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth." Acts 13:47.

See how harmonious everything Jesus always said was. I think maybe that is why I am so drawn to our Lord. His message was always bold, always straight to the point, always loving. He never followed the popular route, and he never caved into any criticism. He was what He was and is: God. Let us take a look at the first parable and what do we see? We see a tiny mustard seed, one of the smallest seeds; it's also been noted for its minuteness. Let us consider these reflections. "He told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed (Jesus), which a man (God) took and planted (The Holy Spirit) in his field (The World). Though it is the smallest (By beginning in the hearts of man) of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants (Catholic Church) and becomes a tree (A world-wide ministry), so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches." Now let us further all these thoughts. We can't see a tree grow per-say, but we know it is growing. And in time like with the mustard seed, this particular tree grows large enough from the transformation that takes place within its roots. The Catholic Church began in the hearts of man and it has grown, and is still growing and continues to be thee largest world wide ministry ever. My research has led me to understand that the "birds of the air" are referring to fowls of the air; satan and his followers, who desire to land and house themselves within the tree of life. Remember satan was cast out of God's presences, he is trying both return and to destroy Gods mission to grow. You can read about satans ambitions and desire to overthrow God in Isaiah 14:12-15.

Do you see how exciting taking the time to reflect upon a parable can be. I just get so into these studies, I almost literally block out the everything. I don't mean to, I just want so much to further my excitement and understanding of what it is God expects of us as His children. The second part of today's reading is all about the leaven and the meal. This parable in the remaining three verses, yet the parable is actually only spoken of in one verse. 33. "He told them another parable. "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven which a woman took and hid in three measures of flour, till it was all leavened." This woman seems to have added a lot of leaven to the flour, she turned it leaven. It says, "she took and hid....till it was" That seems to imply that the quantity must have been a large amount. The influence that Jesus upon the earth is enormous and sometimes His influence is hidden in a persons character or a persons words. We don't always see it, it may not be announced, but we as Christians know it's there and sense it's there. Slowly but surely Jesus was born into this world to save this world. Initially His presence was "hid" and He was added continuously "till it was all". Can you see how exciting and how powerful a parable can be. We are so fortunate to have such a loving, caring, merciful God.

Let us increase our lives of faith as the leaven (Jesus) increases in our heart. It maybe hidden in our hearts, but when our lives are ALL leaven, all will be seen and all will know. The transformation that takes place in our hearts is so exciting and the joy we experience sometimes can't be explained. I get so jumbled up in my words at times and I talk so fast when I really get to talking about my Lord. My love for Him and the love He has given to me is so beautiful and it is so thrilling I don't know how anyone who is filled with the Holy Spirit of God can contain themselves. I think that is why in my life, I have devoted my life to sharing God's love for us; and sharing the Joy He has given me, with as many who will listen (or read) to what I have to say. So many of you really know me personally, you know why I do this, you know my objectives, you may even know my heart. Here is my objective: To draw as many as humanly possible to the foot of the cross and in the presence of Jesus. And when possible share how our Blessed Mother has done that with me. I also most importantly want all of you to experience the overflowing abundant JOY; that has filled me with so much happiness and excitement that it will last for all eternity, even after an entire lifetime of giving away as much Joy as I possibly can. And one very obvious core prayer that guides me so devoutly to my Lord is, "Jesus, I trust in You"


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO