Monday, July 12, 2010

Receive The One Sent

Beads of Joy 07-12-10

Receive The One Who Sent Me
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Another fantastic week has begun. Do you know how I know it's another fantastic week? It's because our main focus this week, like every week is our Lord Jesus, and His most beautiful precious Mother Mary. Today's gospel is Matthew 10:34-11:1 (Jesus A Cause of Division/The Conditions of Discipleship/Rewards). That's a lot jam packed in these couple of verses. But today we will reflect on Rewards, in that receiving the one who sent us Jesus. See if we truly absolutely love God with all our heart, all of our soul and all of our mind; well then our charity towards others would be a direct reflection of that which is what Jesus would do. Our earthy actions would more directly reflect God's love working through us towards others. How can we call ourselves children of God, yet act and sometimes talk like we aren't? The excitement I gain from today's gospel is all wrapped up in verse 40, "He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives him who sent me." I get chills up my spine, thinking of how; the more we are like Jesus towards others, the more we bring them Almighty God through Jesus. We become the very vessel carry God to His children.

We really must be willing to trust God and move forward. God has made us in His own image for a reason. And you say, "I know, because He loves us even before we knew Him." and I'd say, "Exactly!". What is the reward we seek in this life? What is or should be our goal of achievement in this life? What should we be focusing on receiving at the end of this life? See once we have all these thoughts and reflections better focused in our mind and heart, we can better focus on attaining that which we sacrifice our life to attain. The one thing every single child of God should be seeking while they are here is; to live a life following God's will in our life that leads us to everlasting life with Him in Heaven. We also need to be open to the Holy Spirit that is within us who will lead us to God's will. And then we need to allow the Holy Spirit to work through us, so that the light it has brought to us , shines through us for all to see. We must be that vessel for God, so that we can bring His joy and His hope and His love to everyone.

Is this all making sense? Pray about it, if you are not sure. I always ask God to guide me when I blog. I only seek to draw all of you to Him. Just like we are vessels drawing others to God, so am I in what I do; and so can you in whatever it is you do. Do you work in the public, where you are in contact with many people? Now I realize many companies don't want their employees handing out tracks or reading bible verses to their customers; so all is not lost because of that. Instead be the most loving, understanding, helpful, patient employee when talking to clients or customers. Not only will make the company you work for be proud to have you on board for being such a good hard worker; but God's love will shine through all that. People will sense that your kindness and love go beyond the employee handbook, or some seminar about customer service. Never be surprised if someone directly asks you, "How is it that you can be so positive and so happy all the time?" I get that a lot.

I don't know about you, ok, I do know about several of you; but I work for the Master (Almighty God Himself). He is my Lord, my Savior, my Boss. Yes I have a job where I have a boss, but there is only one true Master in my life and He is Almighty God. I challenge everyone to think more clearly and directly like that. Yes, many of us work somewhere, where someone else calls our shots each day; but in the end know that Jesus' word directs us. If your boss told you do something immoral or against the law, what would you do? Hopefully that question doesn't leave you thinking. You should be immediately be able to say you wouldn't do it, even if it cost you your job. Your love for Jesus should compel you to be truthful, caring, self-giving, honest, kind, etc. Allow this scripture to help you absorb this exciting thought, "For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again." 2 Corinthians 5:14-15. And then pray, "Jesus, I trust in You"


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO