Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Glorious - Daily Walk 2/5

Beads of Joy 07-06-10

The Glorious - Daily Walk 2/5
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Glorious Walk - 2/5
Hello Everyone,

This sure is an incredibly fun, insightful glorious week. Yesterday started out with a special resurrection reflection and how important the relationships we have are. Today we look at the second Glorious Mystery - The Ascension. Another wonderful mystery that draws ever so much closer to the power and glory that is in Jesus. I believe this to be a special reflection of seeing the hand of God in our lives, a sort of visual confirmation knowing that we are not alone, and that God is there just like He said He was. Do you personally feel God's presence in your life? Do you feel like He is there for the simplest of things or only for the hardest most challenging time? That's a very important thought. See I see Jesus / God everywhere in everything and even in everyone. If you keep your radar on and in everything seek Him out; you will find Him. I even see Him in the challenging scary times of what Chrissy is going through.

We must be like the disciples in many ways. There examples of how they followed Jesus, and listened to Him will help us do the same. We will best start out by being true prayer warriors. I believe "prayer" must be such a dynamic, significant part of our everyday life. Do not try to fit prayer into your day, instead; build your day around your prayers and your time with Jesus. That's the only way I live my life. Nothing else matters unless we are praying. I heard it said by Archbishop Fulton Sheen, "We should spend 30 minutes a day in prayer, and if we are really busy and have no time, then we should spend one hour in prayer." It is that important. Let us begin each and every day with Jesus. Our relationship with Him must be so real.

With that in mind consider praying in a certain place all the time. Make that place the one place where you do most of your daily prayers. I'm not saying you can't pray elsewhere; your inevitable goal is to be able to pray all day in all places. I do that. It is so easy once you have ingrained that relationship inside your heart and soul. I whisper prayers all day, saying "Thank You Jesus" and "Protect me Lord", "Show me the way Jesus", "It's in your hands my Lord", "Mother Mary, please guide my heart closer to you Son." I speak so much to our Lord throughout the day, that if I were publish ALL the words I say when I am alone with my Lord. Someone might think, who is he talking to, he acts like the person he is talking to is sitting right next to him. And I have to agree, I do feel like Jesus is here with me personally everyday.

Why prayer? Is it that important? Does the bible have much to say about prayer? and a prayer life? It is through our prayers that we draw ourselves ever so close to our Lord.

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." Matthew 6:6

""Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Matthew 26:41

"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed." Mark 1:35

"They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers." Acts 1:14

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I could go on and on for pages. There are over 365 references throughout the bible in regards to "prayer". Jesus was very serious about prayer, His example alone with how much He prayed throughout scripture is so encouraging. Please if we get anything out of today's blog; it's our connection to God's hand in our life, and the best way to see God's hand, is by first speaking with Him everyday. Open your life up and allow Him in, He has so much to give you, but you need to be open to Him. Always pray, "Jesus, I trust in You" He will always be there for you.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO