Monday, August 23, 2010

Jesus Must Rule In Our Heart

Beads of Joy 08-23-10

Jesus Must Rule In Our Heart
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Love of Suffering II
Hello Everyone,

If there is one thing the we must fervently seek for, it's the love and desire to have Jesus rule in our hearts. Many will be faced with suffering to some degree in this life. I see it this way; some of us suffer financially, physically and emotionally, while others of us don't virtually suffer at all. I often times wonder why. Meaning, why many don't suffer, while others do. I think I really understand why now. Our Lord has blessed us both in the suffering and the non-suffering. The suffering embrace the burden of their pain for themselves and for others; while the non-suffering help and assist the suffering. The only way this is possible, at least from a blessings point of view is that our Lord must be first in our lives. Jesus must rule number one in our hearts, no exceptions are allowed, nor are any excuses accepted. We all get one chance to live this life and only one chance to get it right. God will inevitable judge the stewardship of our suffering and the stewardship of the non-suffering. If we can't walk because of suffering, we need to kneel; if we can walk, then we should be running to the service of those suffering, in the name of Jesus. We all have been appointed in some way to serve our Lord.

Let us embrace scripture through this weeks special series, let us also see how God through His word; has taught us to embrace and love our suffering. To begin with, we will reflect upon Romans 5:3-5, "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Interesting "Rejoice in our suffering": wow, aren't they powerful words? The true and only way we could possibly have the grace to do that is by having Jesus' love rule in our hearts, minds and lives. It is that love for Jesus that teaches us to love and embrace the pain of our suffering, as He did for us. We must allow His love to literally move into our hearts and take over. We must allow Him to guide us. God alone sent His only Son to suffer and die to save us from our own demise. It was that suffering that conquered the evils of this world. So with that said, it is our suffering that will help us conquer our unbelief and fear and pain in this world, and in this life.

This is a bit tangent away from all this, but the words really stand out in my life and mind hearing it. I am a huge Star Trek fan, of only the original cast of cause, and the movies they made. Anyhow, in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, Kirk speaking to Bones said, "Bones, you're a doctor. You know that pain and guilt can't be taken away with the wave of a magic wand. They're things we carry with us, the things that make us who we are. If we lose them, we lose ourselves. I don't want my pain taken away. I need my pain." Rather insightful, even for a Star Trek movie hey. Pain and guilt can only be taken away by the love Jesus has given us, and the pain and suffering we experience throughout life does make us who we are. If you really read a lot of my writings, you'll see that I stay one hundred percent focused on Jesus. And in doing that, I can turn all my experiences and interactions into something that leads us back to Jesus. I feel blessed to be able to do that. But there is a method to how I so easily do that.

I had a rather interesting chat last week with a very dear and precious sister in the Lord. I explained to her how I live my life so easily and simply focused on Jesus. So many teach us and share with us how important it is to spend 15 minutes or 30 minutes or an hour a day with God, or our Lord. I can't help but to agree with those teachings. But I got to tell you, in my life for me, that wasn't enough time each day, I wanted Jesus even more. To me Jesus runs through my veins, I was in love. So early on, many many years ago, as far back as 1983; I decided on a new way to give my time to my Lord. And this way of worship and love and devotion will allow Jesus to rule my heart first and foremost every single day. Instead of minutes or hours, I simply give Jesus the entire 24 hours every day. And then I fit into my day all the other things I must do. That way I don't have to try to fit Jesus in, but rather all that I do is about Him. That's one secret as to how I stay so easily focused every day. You to can do the same. Trust and love works miracles in our lives, pray to Jesus unceasingly, "Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO