Tuesday, August 10, 2010

No Fruit In Worldly Prosperity

Beads of Joy 08-10-10
No Fruit In Worldly Prosperity©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO
Hello Everyone,

Interesting thought isn't it? What possible fruit can one get from the things of this world? Maybe this is a thinking question in some ways, because if you use the things (the treasures) you have for God's glory, just maybe you will have fruit. Worldly prosperity unfortunately for the most part is just that "worldly". Great wealth in stocks, or real estate, or business, or in a huge investment account usually for the most part; don't result in more care for the hungry being fed or more suffering families being helped. It seems to usually end up that most feel that this earthly worldly life is so much better, than making themselves submit to the Cross of Christ. It may appear the wealthy have it easy, enjoy all their toys and seem to be on easy street, we must not be deceived by the appearance of that. I agree, that yes, it would be easier and nicer, but in the truest desire of my heart; I would much rather be on the complete opposite side of all that. It seems as though the closer you are to poverty, the closer you are to the real true relationship with our Lord. And I, me personally do not and will not take money over God. There are two sets of eye glasses in this world, the haves and the have nots; the have nots can't stare at the stuff or build their pride or shine up their ego. And the have nots turn to God for peace, Joy, and love and understanding. I believe the haves do also, but they clearly do not see things the same way.

I wish to be clear about this, I am not like this president, I am not jealous of the wealthy, I only pray that they ask God for guidance in how they are to help others with what gifts they have received. Seriously think of this for a second, what if you won $10,000,000 (Ten Million Dollars) or you inherited it? What would you do with it? We can all be as pious as we say we want, our Lord knows our true hearts desire. Well through the past 24 years, Chrissy and I have talked about this a lot, usually whenever the big lotto's, or power ball jackpots are in the news or on tv. We'd honestly be helping everyone we know, family and friends, then we'd secretly work through those we know in parishes and shrines and have the priests help us direct the money secretly to the needy families; by either paying down their bills, fixing or replacing their vehicles, whatever their needs are. This is a huge desire in our heart if we should ever have that happen to us. We'd also put some aside for each of our kids to help them in the future. God knows our intentions, from time to time we play and pray, not out of selfishness, but for the desire to help the so many out there like us. You can hold our feet to the fire about this, if we should ever have this happen to us. We can relate to poverty and real challenges and hard times. For the most part wealthy people haven't a clue, honestly no clue. Yeah I have spoken to many here online and in person, incredibly I do know a couple of very wealthy people. They relate poverty to one week less vacation this year (instead of 6 weeks they have 5), or a lower grade BMW (the model that is $15,000 less). I have had some interesting conversations through the years. I also know many who give and give and give who aren't wealthy. In fact in all honesty I know more poor people that give more than wealthy ones. There's a thought, and a truth.

Most of the time the worldly prosperity and the people around it, keep them from Jesus. They are thinking about their vacations, their house, or their cars or they watch their investments faithfully every single day. What an absolute waste of time, energy and devotion. It is so clear who their god is in their lives. It's sad actually. See one day all of us will be equal, worldy prosperity will not play a role in it at all, "unless" it is used for the glory and devotion to our Lord. Consider this scripture to better emphisis Jesus' point of view on this:

Luke 12:13-20 (The Parable of The Foolish Rich Man)
"Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me." Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'"Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?"

We need to focus on attaining as much of God's Joy as we possibly can, "I have a bazillion extra mega-tons of it, if anyone needs some." LOL. It is so easy to love Jesus first and foremost. Embrace whatever state of life you are in. I believe having less in your life is really all about having more JESUS in your life. I'd rather be sharing a room and have NOTHING, than lose ALL that I have in Jesus, for "stuff" and all the worries and crap that comes with it. No one, and nothing is allowed to ever take my JESUS away from me. You'd have to kill me, and if you did, I would be sling-shot into my Lord's arms.. LOL, so there. Either way I will always have my Jesus in my life. Let us not be like the foolish rich man or woman. Our life here on earth is short, far too short to waste on things that will inevitably only keep us away from and out of Heaven. Are you willing to risk everything and never have perfect happiness in Jesus in Heaven? My thought is, only a fool would even think to hesitate an answer to that. Please ask Jesus to guide your heart and mind and thoughts to serve Him through your blessings. Simply pray, "Jesus, I trust in You".


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO