Thursday, September 2, 2010

Embrace The Simple Life

Beads of Joy 09-02-10

Embrace The Simple Life
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Maybe I am speaking to the choir when it comes to this topic, but honestly I don't really know. Before I begin, just one simple question: What is the Simple Life? My answer would be as simple as the words are; it's living a life that is simply easier (meaning less stuff) and less stressful (meaning less stuff) then the typical life. Ok, I know many of you who really know me and what is going in my life are saying; "hmm less stressful? Your life Jim is jam packed filled with stress." And yes you would be right. But then I don't necessarily mean it that way. The stress I am speaking of is more "Hatfield and McCoy's" style, the kind of "I got more than you do" thought. Or my ego needs to be shining, so I think I'll buy this. All that stuff in the end, adds stress to you life. Why you ask? Because your focus is on them. In other words, "That new car needs an alarm, can't get it scratched, don't eat in it, be careful, stop doing that, blah, blah, blah." It's like this with all stuff. To me that's just a big distraction. The more it grabs your attention, the less you have to give to our Lord.

So then: What is the Simple Life? It's simply putting Jesus first and foremost in your life, by simply not allowing anything or anyone to bump Him out of first place. I apologize if I over use the word simply, but in the end, you will understand for me that the simple life is simply the best. You see the more things that surround you, the less of a view you will have to see Jesus. And the more things that take up you time, your thoughts and you are left holding them constantly; results simply with less time, less thought and less embrace, and love that you can give to Jesus. Some have called me boring, some have told me I am wasting my life away. Of cause none of them, have a relationship with Jesus like I do. So their statements that they may think will shame me into conforming to their standards, actually only make me love my Lord all the more. I may not be meeting the standards of having the stuff, the toys, the distractions that keep me away from Jesus like those who want me to; but I do have Jesus, way more fully than most of them do. Bottom line, and many of you really know me, I don't care what others think about me.

Ok, so then: What is the Simple Life? It's taking up the courage to simply make your life be all about Jesus. Period. Like I have said in the past, I don't schedule in prayer time or Rosary time or devotion time or bible study time. In my life, my days of twenty-four hours are fully His; I then fit everything else into my life that needs to be done. I am consumed by Him fully. I am not a saint, not at all, far from that, I sin constantly. I beg for God's forgiveness often. Sometimes I feel like I am under attack by the enemy. That thought doesn't weaken me, rather it gives me strength to continue moving forward and staying focused on Him. I made this conscious choice to live a simple life, many many years ago. I have virtually no "possessions" personally and everything I do have, is all about Jesus, to keep me focused.

Now do you see what the simple life is? Do you see how exciting this simple life can really be? It's really making everything around you simple enough, so that the time you have with Jesus is unobstructed. Prioritize Him and then everything else will fall into place. Prioritize Him and all the needless pointless things in your life will be gone. Prioritize Him and you will have a most joyful, joyous, exciting day, everyday. Prioritize Him and once you do, you will never ever want to go back to living the way you use to live. I do not discourage success and the treasures you receive when you gain success. I would much rather use success in my life to help others, so that my life would remain simple and focused fully on Him. Just place all your trust in Him, like you have never done before in anything or anyone. He won't really surprise you, rather He will give you a sense of security in your life that you have never felt before. Just simply pray the simplest most powerful, most profound prayer to help you find Him, "Jesus, I trust in You."

You may ask, "What are your interests/hobbies?"
-Daily Rosary

-Bible Study
-Mass (as often as I can possibly go)
-Evangelizing (all the time)
-Writing, sharing, reading


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO