Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Joy of Participating In Mass

Beads of Joy 09-01-10

Joy of Participating In Mass
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Today I'd like to take just a moment and reflect upon the Holy Mass, that is the Holy Mass of the Roman Catholic Church. I am almost speechless with how beautiful and breath-taking it truly is. I absolutely get excited to be able to be at Mass, to kneel before the altar before Mass begins, looking in awe at the cross, the tabernacle and how truly precious and beautiful what was about to begin. Many years ago, (1986-7) actually back when I was first got married and me and my dad were just starting out in business, I attended Mass every single day before I even went to work, I did that for years. My day was so complete when I received before I began. Then many years later when we were living in Niagara Falls, I joined up with an early morning Rosary group at St. Christopher's in Amherst, NY. We'd meet up in the chapel, we prayed the Rosary together and then all went to Mass together. Oh how I miss that precious group of such devout, beautiful people.

I have been asked by obviously those who don't attended Mass, actually also by even some who do, "What is it that you see so special or fantastic (as you say) about Mass?" I am a smiley kind of guy, so if before I respond to a question, if I give you a very joyful, extremely happy smile; you just know I will answer that question with no problem. For starters it's a combination of our Lord's presence, our traditions, and the prayers we pray, and the reverence we have approaching Jesus. I have to tell you, there ain't nothing I don't love about the Mass. My kids shake their heads, I am usually quietly saying the prayers that the priest pray (sorry Fr Mullally) while they pray them. I seriously love the Mass, and know it verbatim. But you know what's funny, now from time to time I hear Sarah occasionally very quietly reciting with Father as he is praying the Eucharistic prayers. I just turned to her and smile, she says, "I know it just like you do daddy." I seriously must return to daily Mass. I almost plead with all of you, if you can, please go to daily Mass; your life will never be the same. Jesus will instill inside you such a love, such a joy, such true devotion to Him. It will truly be the best investment of your time that you have ever made in your entire life.

I just have to share a couple of the prayers that send chills down my spine. I feel so close to my Lord when I take the time to pray before Him with a community of people who love Him as I do. I really love all the prayers a Mass.

Penitential Act

I confess to Almighty God, and to you my brothers and sisters that I have sinned through my own fault in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done, and in what I have failed to do; and I ask the Blessed Mary, ever Virgin, all the angels and saints, and you here present, to pray for me to the Lord our God.

The Gloria

Glory to God in the Highest,
and Peace to his people on earth.
Lord God, heavenly King,
almighty God and Father,
we worship you, we give you thanks,
we praise you for your Glory.
Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father,
Lord God, lamb of God,
you take away the sin of the world:
have mercy on us;
you are seated at the right hand of the Father,
receive our prayer.
for you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High,
Jesus Christ ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God the Father. Amen.


These are incredible opening prayers. I just love it when a priest always allows us to pray these prayers at the beginning of Mass. Thank you Fr. Mullally, you really have a most special, very holy way of serving Mass for us. Our experience as a family is full and complete by the way you shepherd our community. I have attached a link that will walk you through the entire Mass. It's called "The Order of The Mass". Please embrace this, even read and recite and engulf yourself into the Mass entirely, even if only by reading the words as often as you can. I get the missal, like the church has in Mass, sent home to me. Way back in my early years of being born again, I use to literally spend hours, many many hours re-experiencing the Mass by reading through the missal over and over and over again, and wow did I fall in love with Jesus at Mass. I am so in love with Jesus, I can't get enough of Him. I still do that by the way, I usually always have a missal with me, it is such a special way to spend time with our Lord.

Today I challenge you to look at the Mass in a whole new light. Maybe for the first time like this, with such love for our Lord. Really get into the prayers, learn all the prayers and all that the priest will pray; that alone will make the Mass come to life for you. And if you can, attended daily Mass, you will never be the same ever again, your life will be forever changed. Simple ask our Lord to guide your heart and life in the direction He so wants for you, and in doing so pray, "Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Holy Eucharist - Order of the Mass
http://www.theworkofgod.org/devotns/euchrist/guide.htm#top