Tuesday, September 7, 2010

He Chose From Them Twelve

Beads of Joy 09-07-10

He Chose From Them Twelve
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

I really try my hardest to allow the Holy Spirit to lead topics and series for each days blog. Sometimes I don't always get the text or the email from the Holy Spirit. LOL. So I look at all my notes and my many pages of outlines and I ask, what must I do? It seems that there is always a reason why we do what we do. I have always been led to each days readings, because I do spend time each day reflecting upon the days gospel. I believe strongly though my Franciscan roots that living the gospel can only be done, if indeed you spend enough time in the word; so that the word literally flows through your veins. Today's gospel is special, not only because it is today's gospel, but today when we read, Luke 6:12-19 (Mission of the Twelve & Ministering to a Great Multitude), it is here that the gospel shares who all the disciples are. A truly special place to learn who the chosen were by name. The most interesting part that grabs my attention almost immediately is: "In these days he went out to the mountain to pray; and all night he continued in prayer to God." verse 12. Jesus has taught us by His example, how important it is for us to pray before certain events and decisions are made in our life.

Now let us look at those Jesus have chosen, these men were not of any great wealth; none held a political office; none of them were even noted biblical celebrities if there is such a thing. You guys know what I am saying. These chosen twelve men were just hard working, God loving men. They lived simple lives, and they worked hard for what little they had. That is so encouraging to so many of us, to know that God will not require a fee or a title so that we can serve in His kingdom. All we must do is love Him with all our hearts and love our neighbors the same way. These men are true examples of how we to must follow our Lord. They were humble, caring men, they did not seek any earthly reward; they were Bold, they were trusting. My gosh really look at these wonderful men who Jesus personally chose, they are such a blessed sincere group of men. I pray that all of us see them and do what we can do to learn by them. Jesus has such an incredible influence on so many of us. We seek to please Him in a humble, non selfish manner and that is just what so many of His most trusted followers do.

What is our call in this life? Do we hear Jesus calling us to His side? Do we openly, gracefully respond with a humble cheerful yes? And when we do say yes, are we seeking anything in return? And when we do say yes, do we hold back a portion of who we are?, meaning a secret side of us who will not let go of the embrace of our hold in this world, whether it be an addiction or a favorite sin. Do you see what I am getting at? There are so many things we need to consider and think about as we move closer to our Lord. We do that so we can be as true and honest and dedicated as we possibly can. Let us just remember that the Lord takes the ordinary and makes them extraordinary for His purpose and His will.

Let us follow our Lord with the confidence and boldness the disciples had. We can do it. The world we live in now is far more easier for us do just that. We have technology and information on our side, we can be such an incredible disciple in this life. How do I see that? The internet alone links us to the entire world, for evangelizing and sharing Jesus with those who love Him and those who don't yet know Him. I simply love the internet, email, instant messaging, texting, social networks, all that and more. Our Lord has blessed many of us to be geeky with this wonderful Godly tool in our lives. LOL. Hey I admit I am addicted, but I have come to understand why??? Did you ask why? I heard that. LOL. My world wide web experience is so filled with Joy, and excitement and a sort of addiction because... hold on, here it comes... because ITS ALL ABOUT JESUS. That's why my friends. So come to this wonderful world here to share, encourage, lead and draw everyone we possibly can to Jesus. Praise Jesus for being the center of our JOY while we are in this enormous endless world of communications. Let us trust in Jesus everyday, asking Him to keep us pure and focused on Him, you can to. Like it's been shared in other blogs, we have said the entire day is His, then everything else is fit in. I challenge you to try that for one 24 hour period. You'll love it. Before you begin pray, "Jesus, I trust You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO