Saturday, September 25, 2010

They Do Not Understand

Beads of Joy 09-25-10

They Do Not Understand
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Saturday has arrived, I know so many of us have had such a busy hectic week. Such a blessing for so many of us to rest in the Lord through the weekend. Sunday is just around the corner. Today let us do a gospel reflection to help spark that wonderful feeling of love that we have for our Lord. Today's gospel is Luke 9:43-45 (The Second Prediction of The Passion). This very short gospel has had me wondering a few thoughts. In our lives how often do we really reject the things we don't want to see? Many people in our society, in our families and amongst our friends have heard God's word; so many of them also know the consequences of rejecting it, and the reward of accepting it. But my real question is, which don't have to answered out loud or to me, but our Lord will know your hearts answer when you read this question. Please proceed with caution, this question will be immediately answered in your heart, once you read it.

Do I fully with all my heart give my full allegiance and love to my Lord, trusting His word and His promises?

These thoughts have lead my prayers to reflect on these scripture verses, "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.""Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.""I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God." 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1.

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:5.

"Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37.

"If anyone does not love the Lord—a curse be on him. Come, O Lord!" 1 Corinthians 16:22.

"Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life." Jude 1:21.

Do you see what I mean. Scripture really directs us. Loving God is and should be our first priority and first preference in our lives, nothing should come before Him. Let us look at the the definition of the word "allegiance"?

al·le·giance
NOUN:
1. Loyalty or the obligation of loyalty, as to a nation, sovereign, or cause.
2. The obligations of a vassal to a lord.

Some might be asking: How then do I do this? Understandable. I don't claim to have all the answers, God alone does; but I do know that my spirit leads me to live in such a way that my "allegiance" is to my Lord. Here are some of the ways I am able to achieve this. I am a "scripture addict" LOL, I don't even know if there is such an addiction, maybe I started something new. But I rely heavily on scripture to guide me, my life, my choices and how I live a life in allegiance to my Lord. Check out some of these scriptures that will help supercharge your spirit to be strong and solid standing for Jesus, His Father and ours and His Mother and ours. Be strong, be bold. Do not back down.

"The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires." Romans 6:10-12

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time." 1 Peter 5:6

We really need to live our lives as living sacrifices. I know dying to ourselves isn't the popular thing many wish to hear these days, but that indeed is the ultimate secret. If we do not live our lives for ourselves and rather live for God instead, then all that we desire, all that we want and all that matters to us, will rest in Him. Then our allegiance will be in Him. We must be last, always, in all things.

The Life of J.O.Y.
Jesus - First
Others - Second
You - Last

I just need to share this blessed link again.
The Admirable Secret of the Rosary
http://www.montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html

Please pray everyday, "Jesus, I trust in You"


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Joyful Mysteries
1. The Annunciation
2. The Visitation
3. The Birth of Jesus
4. The Presentation in The Temple
5. Finding of Jesus in the Temple