Sunday, May 19, 2019

God Is Glorified


BEADS OF JOY 05-19-19
“God Is Glorified”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 13:31-35 (Love One Another)
“When he had gone out, Jesus said, "Now is the Son of man glorified, and in him God is glorified; if God is glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself, and glorify him at once. Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek me; and as I said to the Jews so now, I say to you, `Where I am going you cannot come.' A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Reflection:
Jesus teaches us here that He has given us a new commandment, "A new commandment, I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." v.34. Can we obey such a commandment? Can we follow Jesus to the cross by putting everyone else before ourselves? By God's grace we can. The society we live in, is all about “self”. It's sad, but Jesus' way is opposite the grain of the new world we live in. Me speaking personally for myself: I'd gladly die defending what I believe in, I will never deny Jesus. I refuse to go to my grave and have to explain to God that I gave into everything that offends Him. Nothing, I'll say it again, NOTHING in this life should ever derail your love for Jesus, Nothing! Be strong! Be bold! This world cannot take, destroy or kill anything that is in your heart. No powers or authorities, or legislation, no laws can touch it.

Look at the Stations of the Cross as a clear example of how Jesus who has the power of God within Himself; fell three separate times as He carried His enormous cross. But also note that after every fall, He got up and continued. He didn't give up or give in and let the violent mean society of people around Him who hated Him do anything to Him, that would take Him away from His will that saved us. Never let this world's distractions make you lose sight of God. And also, don't fall victim to believing there is no God. This world is very subtle in its wicked ways. But then satan doesn't only attack us with a sword, sometimes he uses a tasty chocolate cake LOL (opps sorry), or laws that "sounds" like it's protecting the innocent, when it actually will increase their deaths by 30%. And good honest God-fearing people line themselves up behind the lie and many become mislead. We need to do our own diligence of research in our lives. Stay true to God, we will all fall short and we will all sin and we will from time to time make some seriously bad choices. But remember we are human, and our strengths are weakened by our original sin. But that must not discourage us, and we must never use that as an excuse for not trying to be right with God.

So after all this has been said, what should we do. I think the two examples here and the wisdom in scripture show us that: We must love others as Jesus has and does love us, and we should never be weakened by our own weaknesses. Sometimes the only way we really learn, is from our own weaknesses, and most of us know what they are. So, staying focused in prayer and obedience to His word, and by doing all we can to continually grow spiritually; we will most likely be more ready than if we did nothing. Our spiritual radar will always be on, watching out for us and watching what moves opposite the grain of our Lords teachings.

Pondering these thoughts today: Start to think about others more and more than yourself. Maybe it’s your spouse and your children, or your parents. Start a list of who you want to keep first in your life after our Lord. This is how do my list:

1.     Chrissy (and whoever the other significant one will now be in my life.)
2.     My 5 Children (James 3rd wife Sarah and their son James 4th) Christopher & Kayla, Travis & Johnny and my youngest Private Charlie Dacey.
3.     Mom & Dad, Chrissy’s Mom & Dad (and my significant other’s parents)
4.     The entire rest of our families, Grandparents, cousins, etc.
5.     ALL MY FRIENDS


Gospel of John 13:31-35


The Power of The Rosary
Fr. Donald H. Calloway, MIC
Mary Talk



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Mary (Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!




MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/