Friday, May 17, 2019

In My Father's House


BEADS OF JOY 05-17-19
“In My Father's House”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,



Today’s Gospel: John 14:1-6 (Last Supper Discourse)
"Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way where I am going." Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."

Reflection:
Stay 100% completely focused on our Lord; do not let your eyes be distracted away from Jesus. This world will scoop you up and devour you in a heartbeat. Jesus must be the center focus of all that you do, all that you think about, all that you plan, everything. Consume Him as He consumes you. This life goes by very fast. You may not see it if you are 20 years old, or 35 years old right now; but I will say at 54 years old, time has raced by never stopping, never slowing down. I have even seen the last 30 months race by since Chrissy has passed away. In the beginning each day felt like a thousand years, but then at some point; each month felt like a day. I can’t explain it; time gets goofy when you lose someone.

With all that said, I say, “Hang on and pray and pray and pray, like you really mean it.” Do not get distracted by the pleasures and success of this world. Yes, you can partake in what is necessary, to raise a family and be a good employee or boss; but don’t fall victim to pride and envy and the desires that pull you away from our Lord. Separation from God is the worst, the most horrible end result in this life that you can ever have happen, many will receive that. Avoid it!

Judas chose money and wealth over Jesus, friendship and loyalty and love. I know Judas is not in today’s gospel, but he got distracted, he got off the path following Jesus. Yes, what he did had to happen, and no, we don’t know his absolute end, except for what is in scripture. But we can learn by him, that even someone walking and eating so close to Jesus, can so easily be distracted and lose sight of Him and fall off the path completely. We must not allow this in our lives. Live a simple life, devoutly focused on Jesus. Fill your life with prayer and always pray for others. The gift of prayer is beyond precious and beyond everlasting. Pray for everyone you can, and get excited, adding their names to your prayer list. It’s hard to understand this joy inside me, unless you really truly love Jesus with every single fiber of your being. But I am sure so many of you do.

Pondering these thoughts today: I guess the best take away here is to stay focused on Jesus. I know we have been saying that for many days now; but we really need to keep saying it and thinking it constantly. It needs to always be on our minds, so that for not even a moment, we will slip off the path. The evil one doesn’t sleep, he doesn’t rest, he doesn’t do anything but focus on destroying us. We must be vigilant in our faith and our loyalty to our Lord. Prayer, adoration, Mass and confession as often as you possibly can. Increase your prayer life. Consider the Liturgy of the Hours! Not necessarily all 8 times, but maybe morning prayers (Prime) and evening prayers (Vespers). Just a thought.


Gospel of John Chapter 14
New International Version (NIV)
Dramatized Audio Bible
(I use to have the whole bible like this on cassette.)


How Does Purification Work?
w/ Fr. Mike Schmitz


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Friday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/