Saturday, May 18, 2019

He Who Believes In Me


BEADS OF JOY 05-18-19
“He Who Believes In Me”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,



Today’s Gospel: John 14:7-14 (Last Supper Discourse)
“If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; henceforth you know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves. "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.”

Reflection:
How is your private personal prayer life doing? We all have challenges; we all miss days or hours of prayer. Don’t be discouraged. I learned something a long time ago from Fr. Jeff Conway (1983). I asked him, “How can I, somehow, get more committed in my prayer life? I feel like such a failure when I get too busy or my time is too short.” He said to me and I’ll never forget this, “Jim, God knows how much you want to pray. He knows how much you love Him. Continue starting over and forging forward. It is better to begin again, then to end such a blessed desire to pray.” Those words stayed imbedded in my heart, all these years, to never be defeated by what distracts me.

The greatest thing in the entire world we can have, is a relationship with Jesus. We, through our faith, have a relationship with the living God. Isn’t that so exciting? God has revealed Himself to us, to love us, to comfort us, to save us. I can’t contain the joy inside of me, most of the time. I just don’t get it, why so many more people don’t understand my intense, overflowing joy that I share. But I do know many more of you do. This is the driving force inside me that wants to keep sharing our Lord, our Lady and the Rosary with everyone. Till my last breathe.

I am so glad that we have scripture to help us, to show us, to guide us, to encourage us. The Bible is truly my favorite book in the whole world; and many of you have told me the same, that it is yours too. We have our Living God’s – Living Word to embrace each and every single day. The butterflies’ race and flutter inside me for scripture, just as much as they do when I think of the Rosary. Keeping Jesus fully alive inside us, is what gives us that amazing faith that helps others see Jesus in us.

Pondering these thoughts today: Today let’s have a fun challenge. Grab your Bible. Open it up and pick 3 exciting verses that help spark excitement on your spiritual journey. To help you find them use this link: Bible Gateway

These are my favorite verses:

FOLLOW ME: “Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” ~Matthew 19:21

TRUST IN THE JESUS: “He told them: “Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra shirt.” ~Luke 9:3

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS: “Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.” Luke 9:23-24


Gospel of John 14:7-14


The World Needs a Franciscan Renewal
w/ Brother Casey



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.



Rosary Man Jim’s Joyful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-joyful-mysteries_10.html


MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/