Thursday, May 16, 2019

Who Receives Me


BEADS OF JOY 05-16-19
“Who Receives Me”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,



Today’s Gospel: John 13:16-20 (Jesus Foretells His Betrayal)
“Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them. I am not speaking of you all; I know whom I have chosen; it is that the scripture may be fulfilled, `He who ate my bread has lifted his heel against me.' I tell you this now, before it takes place, that when it does take place you may believe that I am he. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives any one whom I send receives me; and he who receives me receives him who sent me."

Reflection:
Life sure does have its share of challenges, indeed. But, loving and never denying our Lord and Savior, shouldn’t be one of them. I am a cradle Catholic, and we were a church going, faith living family. Both my grandmas were devoted to the Rosary and many Aunts also. In-fact, both sides of my Italian family had many generations of devout Catholics; all the way back into Salerno, Italy; who I also found out, were devoted to the Rosary. But, somewhere along the line, I got lost and I didn’t fully believe. This was back in 1982-3. I wasn’t a rebel, I just felt that there was no way, there could possibly be a God. Oh, how I was so wrong and how I regret even having those thoughts. But Thank God, by His grace I was led back home.

The Gospel in My Life
he who receives any one whom I send receives me
My mother asked me to go with her to her prayer meeting because my Aunt Annie, her sister was sick and unable to go. I know when mom went to these “prayer meeting” she was gone for hours, so I thought to myself, “No Way are you getting me caught in that.” But my mom really pleaded and promised my involvement would be zero. So, for my mom, I said, “Ok, I’ll go, but you promise I do not get involved with this.” She agreed. Years later, my mom told me that when I was born, she offered me up to our Lord to whatever His Will is in my life so that I will always serve Him. Hmm! Wow! I, only recently learned this.

and he who receives me receives him who sent me."
When you read “
My Story “ you learn of my journey. It was my mother who brought me to Jesus, and Jesus brought me to an experience, that changed my life forever. I didn’t simply return to my Lord, I returned running back to Him with so much over-flowing joy and love. These past 36 years, I still feel like I have only just begun. I know, I will be like this, till the moment I take my last breath. The reason why I do, what I do, is simply. My goal has always been to spread the love of our Lord, our Lady and the Rosary to all the world. I know I am just one voice, but that’s ok. I have already reached out to every single country in the world; and I will continue to write and share. I want my children and my family and all of you, and even those I don’t know, who have read this to always love and grow in your faith. -Long after I am gone…

Pondering these thoughts today: Think about this for just a moment. Today, I think would be a good day, to begin a list of names of people you are praying for. I got this idea from Fr. Mullally many years ago. Either in your bible (they are in my bible, also in a small notebook), begin to list the names of your family and friends and anyone else you can think of, who you want to pray for or who asked for prayer. This list will be an ongoing list that you will add to regularly. When I asked Fr. Mullally, “How do I pray for people I know need prayer, but can’t remember everyone’s name, it would actually take too long to mention them all anyway, how do I deal with that?” He said when you are praying offer up all the names of the people in this book or on these pages. Wow! I loved that idea and I have capitalized on it for decades now. Hope you feel blessed writing this out. Remember these are people you are praying for. Suggestion: Add those who annoy you and even hurt you to this list. God knows your heart.



The Gospel of John
Chapter 13



Are We Justified by "Faith Alone"?
w/ Brother Casey



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!




Rosary Man Jim's Luminous Reflections: http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-luminous-mysteries.html


MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/