Monday, May 27, 2019

From The Father


BEADS OF JOY 05-27-19
“From The Father”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel:
John 15:26-16:4a (Counselor will bear Witness) 

But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me; and you also are witnesses, because you have been with me from the beginning. (John 16) I have said all this to you to keep you from falling away. They will put you out of the synagogues; indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. And they will do this because they have not known the Father, nor me. But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told you of them. I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you.”

Reflection:
Jesus has done a most splendid amazing blessing for us; when He and the Father gave us the Holy Spirit to be with us. This is the best of the best when it comes to help strengthening us spiritually. The Holy Spirit challenges us, the Holy Spirit advises us, and the Holy Spirit shows us and leads us to Jesus. The Holy Spirit when understood spiritually and our Spirit is alive within; the Holy Spirit becomes the “litmus test” for us as choices and decisions and events unfold in our lives.

What do I mean my “litmus test”? Many understand that but to be sure we are all on the same page -I will explain my intention in its use. The meaning I use in what I am saying is this: Litmus test - a test that relies on a single indicator. With the help of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit from God Himself; the choices and challenges and events in my life will know immediately (that one single indicator) whether it is good or not to do or be or have or whatever. Our morals will be attentive, and our reverence and even our love for God will be in order and attentive to God when the Spirit is alive within us. How is your moral compass?

St. Augustine said it best and I love this, you may want to write this down and share it and truly live it. He is so right to the insight and understanding of these most blessed words:

“Love God and do whatever you please: for the soul trained in love to God will do nothing to offend the One who is Beloved.” ~St Augustine

If you love God, then his Holy Spirit, who dwells in you, will conform you—all of you, including your desires—into the image of his Son, Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29). In this way, what pleases you and what pleases God become one and the same such that if you love God, you can do whatever pleases you and God will be pleased.

Pondering these thoughts today: Consider praying for the Holy Spirit to help you and strengthen you and fill you with faith, hope and love. With the Holy Spirits assistance and counsel, you will build courage and perseverance in your quest for a deeper relationship with our Lord. Have you ever considered truly turning to the Holy Spirit and asking for help and guidance in your spiritual journey? If not, I highly recommend you do. The Holy Spirit just might surprise you, with how helpful and great a response it will be.

Lord, teach us to love more consciously as we seek Your presence; teach us to turn to the Holy Spirit more often in our daily prayers. Please help me in my ability to know when it is the Holy Spirit prompting me. Thank you, Lord, Amen.


John 15:26-16:4a
The Spirit of truth will be my witness



Do I Have a Good Conscience?
w/ Fr. Mike Schmitz



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Monday mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.



My Journey To Serious Weight Loss
AVAILABLE in e-book and paperback...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RPGT75D

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/