Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Who Sees The Son


BEADS OF JOY 05-08-19
“Who Sees The Son”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


 Today’s Gospel: John 6:35-40 (Bread of Life Discourse)
“Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to me shall not hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me; and him who comes to me I will not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me; and this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me but raise it up at the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

Reflection: This week’s focus for the daily gospel will be the sixth chapter of John: The Bread of Life Discourse. What is it that drives the hunger inside you? We must remember that just before this reading in the sixth chapter of John; Jesus also multiplied the loaves and fed the 5,000 fulfilling their need of hunger. But how do the people see Him after this. Is this magic? Does this Jesus have the ability to make my life easier, by simply wishing and saying we need stuff? Maybe I don’t have to work for anything anymore, what for? I simply ask Jesus and “poof” our table is filled with food. I won’t even have to work to make the money to buy the food. Yes, that’s a slam dunk approach on today’s reading, but unfortunately many were thinking like this, and Jesus knew that.

Let’s go back to the question I began with: What is it that drives the hunger inside you? Are you focused on material wealth? Do you have a hunger for world peace? Or maybe you hunger love and a relationship that fulfills your heart’s desire. Jesus knew that the crowd began to seek Him out; for that very reason of His ability to fulfill their needs. What Jesus truly has to offer has nothing to do with the worldly needs so many were and still are seeking; rather Jesus offers us a relationship with Him and God His Father.

Reflection: What kind of bread are we seeking? The bread from Heaven is Jesus, and He satisfies the hunger of our heart and soul. Worldly hunger will always leave us hungry and desiring more. Not that the desire to improve one’s life is bad; it’s just that our greatest focus, our greatest desire, should be about nourishing the soul. Preparing for Heaven must be our life’s focus. Prepare now, while there is still time. Remember this when I am long gone: All Things Jesus 24/7/365



JOHN 6:35-40



If God created the Universe then
who created God?
(Excellent) Best Answer Pt.1




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Mary.1 (A Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!




Rosary Man Jim's Glorious Reflections: 
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-glorious-mysteries.html


MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/