Saturday, May 25, 2019

They Will Persecute You


BEADS OF JOY 05-25-19
“They Will Persecute You”
©2019 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 15:18-21 (The World’s Hatred) 
If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, `A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also. But all this they will do to you on my account, because they do not know him who sent me.”

Reflection:

Let us seriously look at today’s gospel. Jesus clearer tells us that we may face persecution because we love Him. Jesus had to deal with it, and if we are to honestly follow after Him, know that at some point we to will face some sort of persecution. I know first-hand what’s it’s like to be hated, teased and ridiculed because of my faith and my outward stance in who I am spiritually and morally. With that said I will say this, “I DON’T REALLY CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT ME!!!” I am NOT influenced by the ignorance of someone who seems to find the time -to worry about what I believe. If their life is that boring and horrible that they must spend time attacking me, that’s sad. So, with that said, I love them and pray for them and I move on. I am NOT slowed down one bit by that.

Case and Point: When we lived back here in Niagara Falls, New York in 2001-10. I used to run an auto collision repair shop here. Let’s just say I won’t mention their name; no need to embarrass them. Well every morning I was one of the first people there (I had the keys – I was the shop manager). On my way to work I always prayed one full rosary (that day’s mysteries) -upon arriving at work I would walk through the entire building praying an entire 20-decade rosary. It was Oct 2002 that the Luminous Mysteries got added. I did this every single day at work (Mon-Sat). I felt a certain peace, asking God to bless our day, our Lord to be merciful with our challenges and I asked our Lady to stay with me. Well needless to say, one day a fellow worker seen what I was doing (praying, holding my rosary beads), asked me, what I was doing and so I told them.

Within the next day or so I was called into the office. The owner asked about what it is that I was doing every day in his business. I told him about my daily prayers for success in his business, peace amongst everyone present and I was asking of Our Lady to remain with me throughout the day. Well he told me to STOP. I said, “Stop, What??” He said, “Stop trying to get others to pray with you.” I was like, “What are you talking aboutI do this on my own, I never asked anyone to join me, nor have I ever promoted my faith???” He looked at me and told me, “Well I just want you to stop doing that here.” I thought WOW, how sad. I told him fine… LOL, I continued to pray in the silence of my heart, using my fingers instead of my beads. I ended up quitting that job about a month later. It was a very hostile work environment. I hope this encourages you to forge forward with your faith and your prayers no matter what. No one can complete stop you from praying from within your heart, always remember that.

Pondering these thoughts today: Think about this for a moment, “Can you honestly (you), live in this world and have the spiritual strength to NOT live of this world? You do realize that if we are “friends” with or “subject to” the world and its ways; we become an enemy to God. That’s not me speaking -that’s scripture, “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.” ~1 John 2:15 -This teaching really shows us how we must focus on our spiritual life more than this worldly life. Yes, we must be part of what’s going on here, I’m not saying no to that. We need to work a job, pay our bills, pay our taxes and of cause being involved with our community, schools and churches is so important… But in the end, we MUST stay fully focused on Jesus and nothing should ever come before Him. Just saying... All Things Jesus 24/7/365


Daily Reading for Saturday
May 25th, 2019



Is Baptism Necessary?
w/ Br. Casey Cole, OFM




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.



My Journey To Serious Weight Loss
AVAILABLE in e-book and paperback...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RPGT75D

MY FIRST BOOK.
(Mary’s Way of The Cross - .99¢)

MY SECOND BOOK.
(Praying The Complete Rosary - .99¢)

Rosary Man Jim's
Decades With Our Lady Podcast
https://rosarymanjim.podbean.com/