Thursday, December 3, 2009

Build Your House On A Rock

Beads of Joy 12-03-09

Build Your House On A Rock
©2009 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

This gospel was exciting, I know I say that all the time. Today's gospel is Matthew 7:21,24-27 (The True Disciple / The Two Foundations). Our Lord speaks to us in hard straight talk today, a reality that is very good for all of us to hear. The bottom line is, in order for us to get into God's Kingdom, we must be doing God's will in our life. When the day of judgment comes, and it will for each of us; the morally corrupt will be rejected by Jesus.

Where do we place all our trust and security in time of destruction? We need to lean on Jesus and build our lives with Him as our lives with Him as our foundation. In Psalm 18:3 "I love you, Lord, my strength, Lord, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer, My God, my rock of refuge, my shield, my saving horn, my strong hold." Scripture shows us that those who have all their security in anything other than God will be destroyed. That is why we must build our lives upon a foundation that will survive any storm that will come. It takes foresight and faith to build in a world that rejects Jesus.

Just remember God sees our hearts as they truly are. He knows our motives, including our ulterior ones. He knows our intentions, our desires and the reasons for the choices we make. But we can survive this very easily in our lives, by just being true to God. The things we do, the choices we make not only in public, but more importantly in private when no one but God is watching really counts. Our character is tested when we take an exam in private, tell the actual truth, and when we're depended upon to be reliable and honest. There are so many ways our character is tested each day. We must heed God's word and do all we can to live by it, with no fear of a storm.

Can we survive the storms that life unexpectedly give us? We must be prepared at all times. Jesus must reign supreme in our lives and our lives must be solid in His Word. There is nothing else in this life that matters, or should matter. Jesus must be first in everything. Let us be prepared everyday and in every way we possibly can, to better serve Him.

Honker down on a solid foundation of faith that is unshakable.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO