Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Rosary - The Sorrowful Mysteries

Beads of Joy 12-23-09

The Rosary - The Sorrowful Mysteries
©2009 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Now let us take a look at some of the very sorrowful moments in our Lord's life. Jesus willingly dies for us, so that through His death we might live eternally with Him. I believe that it is The Sorrowful Mysteries that we are drawn the closest to our Lord. I think our hearts cry out as we watch Him suffer, we see Him bleed and we see His flesh teared from His Holy Sacred body. I know when I watch the Scourging at the Pillar in the Passion of the Christ I can't help but cry and my cry is that of my insides being teared apart. The Sorrowful Mysteries indeed are the most moving emotionally to many of us.

The First Sorrowful Mystery is the Agony of Jesus in the Garden. Agony is such a powerful word, it feels like something deep within our soul is trying to deal with something outside our body, but in the attempt to connect it can't. His agony is for our despicable sins, and His desire to forgive us. The Second Sorrowful Mystery is the Scourging at the Pillar. What an intense time for our Lord to endure, His body was being lashed and beaten for my (our) sins. He suffered and bled like no one ever has. My heart and soul cried and screamed out loud just at the thought of my Lord and Savior having to go through this punishment because of me.

The Third Sorrowful Mystery is the Crowning with Thorns. It's bad enough that they beat Him and scourged His body to near death, now they further His suffering by pressing a crown of thorns on His head. The strength and power our Lord has is obvious without limits, but how cruel to further bring Him pain. The Fourth Sorrowful Mystery is Jesus Carrying His Cross. What incredible patience our Lord has while being under such horrific physical stress. It's medically been said that under any normal circumstances an average person would have died after all that abuse. Jesus my Lord, I am so sorry for my many sins, I cry and scream and beg for them to stop hurting You, I love you so much...

The Fifth Sorrowful Mystery is the Crucifixion. I have to say after all this pain inflicted upon our Lord, we know He seen the crucifixion as His gift to us. It is for this very moment that He was born into the world. His death has given us eternal life, and it is through His death that we see our sins that we must die to. Let us suffer with Him, let us carry our own crosses of sin and have them crucified and repent before our Lord. He so wants to forgive us, He so wants to embrace us. Let us live a life fully devoted to Him, let us not fear any suffering we must endure to attain His love.

Trust in Jesus, fear no pain when it draws you closer to Him.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO