Friday, December 11, 2009

Wisdom is Justified by Her Deeds

Beads of Joy 12-11-09

Wisdom is Justified by Her Deeds
©2009 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

What a fascinating exciting gospel today's is. Today we look at what is a continuation from yesterday's reading with a very little known two verse parable. I have numerous websites that I use for my research and a nice size library at home where I do all my daily bible study. But today's research was like finding a diamond in the rough. Today we reflect on Matthew 11:16-19 (Jesus' Testimony to John). It is in this short gospel reading that verses 18-19 share as I said earlier, a very little known parable. "The Parable of the Children's Game"

Why is it that it seems at that time that John the Baptist's message of Jesus had so much resistance? Some have said it was just spiritual blindness, others say the scribes and Pharisees were jealous. Both of these roadblocks caused the scribes and Pharisees to close their hearts to the message of John the Baptist, and then eventually Jesus' message. This parable and its brief explanation which I will explain shortly, has me wondering how in tune is everyone with the message of our Lord? Jesus shares the "Good News" to all those who listen and His Good News fills us with immeasurable joy and freedom; but Jesus' Good News comes with warning to all those who refuse to obey.

Now let's look at the explanation of this parable: John and Jesus are the children; there was a call to play a wedding game, and then a call to play a funeral game. The others are the Palestinian contemporaries, who rejected the seriousness of what John was preaching and then rejected the light yoke of Jesus' preaching. Why is that so many were out of tune with either message? I guess we can say that like Jesus' time, our own generation of people are very selective hearing and block out Jesus in their lives.

Is there a problem in how we express our faith, are we spiritually dull? The Good News that Jesus shared with us needs to be shared with everyone. In my life our Lords Good News has exploded inside me with so much abundant joy that I absolutely can not contain it. No matter what situation I am in, no matter how unfortunate I am in being worldly successful, or financially rich; the bottom to my life is none of that has anything to do with the extent of overwhelming exciting joy of Jesus that is in my heart. My love for my Lord is my life's treasure.

Let's keep our life in tune with Jesus' message of hope.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO