Tuesday, December 29, 2009

We Are Not Our Own

Beads of Joy 12-29-09

We Are Not Our Own
©2009 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

The first thing we must recognize is that we are not our own. Our lives, our bodies, our everything, all belongs to God. When Jesus died on the cross He paid the ultimate price for us. No matter what we do, what choices we make; no matter what the world would have us to believe, we are God's children. God dwells in each and everyone of us, we are His temple through the power of the Holy Spirit. Our "free will" will and can change the last chapter of our lives, but with that said know that God does not abandon us even when we abandon Him.

Here's another way it can be explained. Father Larry Richards from Pittsburgh, PA once said this, I'm not sure if this is verbatim, but I think it's pretty close. The "sun" in this parable of sorts is referring to Jesus. "The sun shines, and the sun will always continue to shine. We can block the sun by putting something over our head, but no matter what we do or where we go, the sun will always continue to shine." God is here for all of us, all of the time; we can try to hide from Him, we can insult Him, and flat out deny He exists. But no matter what we do He will always love us, He will always forgive us. Just remember that even if we lose faith in Him, He does not stop loving us.

The questions to consider are: Do we really recognize that God himself through the power of the Holy Spirit dwells within us? And by knowing this; Do we know the joy that we can have by fully surrendering to God with the faith, hope and love He has instilled within us? There is no limit to how much joy we can receive from God. Did you know that? I can personally attest to the fact that once you surrender fully to Him, you will be so ecstatic, and so excited, and so filled with so much joy that you will feel like you are going to explode. LOL

One of my biggest objectives I have always had when starting this blog was to do all I can to share all this joy with you. Not only to just share it in written words, but to do whatever I can to help lead you to attain your own unlimited joy. Let's put it this way, if the joy that I have inside of my heart was a fuel (oil, gasoline, propane, whatever), the fuel supply inside of me would last for all eternity, and would never ever run out. I seriously believe that the joy is inside of me is being way under-estimated. I really believe that the joy alone inside my heart and soul for my Lord and our Lady is enough of a supply to last for an eternity of eternities. It is truly a most spectacular feeling.

Just do it ! Surrender your life fully to Him !


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO