Saturday, December 26, 2009

Whoever Endures Will Be Saved

Beads of Joy 12-26-09

Whoever Endures Will Be Saved
©2009 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

What lies ahead is of cause unknown, but as we continue to follow Jesus and this world continues not following Him, our walk will continue to have its challenges. We must be like Him, His Grace is sufficient to help guide us through whatever is put before us in this life. Today we are reading Matthew 10:17-22 (Coming Persecutions) Jesus is very upfront about what we are to expect by following Him. The price will be great, but we must bear our own cross through this life. Jesus came to redeem us from our sins, but the only way we could do that, is through the cross.

Many of us will have a challenge dealing with the rejection and persecution from the world because of our love for Jesus. I say, "so be it". On a personally level aside from the obvious love for my family and love for so many dear friends; I am so far detached from this world that their rejection of me only further solidifies my faith. Nothing that is of this world that is not of God is anything that personally affects my faith and my walk with Jesus. I share this part of my faith with you, to show you that it is possible. I have dealt with different levels of rejection, nasty comments, and rudeness over these past 27 years. Honestly all that does is draw me ever so much closer to my Lord.

If there's one thing that we all need to understand about following after Jesus, is that because they have rejected and hated Him, they will do the same to us. I believe once you are able to fully accept that, staying strong in your faith becomes much easier. At times I get twisted comments from fellow believers (at least to say those who claim to love Jesus), so don't only think all this rejection comes from the atheistic part of the non believing world. Sometimes those around us that just can't comprehend the depths of excitement ridicule it. I have been known to be way over the top with spiritual excitement. LOL

I take no offense at the rejection. I only pray for the lost, misinformed and the misled. That's really all we can do. Yes I reach out also, and continue to, sometimes there maybe a break through. Prayer is so important, love those who hate you, pray for those who wish you ill. Sometimes only God can melt the hearts of the stone cold non-believers. To me there is so much joy in Jesus that no matter what negative comes rushing my way, the positive in my heart is so over flowing that there is virtually no affect, there vicious words are washed away in the over flowing love Jesus has given me.

Joy is the key. Sometimes I find it hard to explain the overwhelming, over flowing, extremely ecstatic amount of joy that is jam packed my my heart and soul because of my love for Jesus in my life. Many many years go, my mother once even commented, "I'm worried about you Jim." So funny, she said, "Does Father know how consumed you are, and that your lack of fear of death is so open?" We laughed, she was way too serious back then, but she now better understands me, and the depths of my faith. I can talk for hours about this. Please hold strong and trust in Jesus always.

Jesus is there for us always, hold strong and believe in Him, no matter what.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO