Friday, November 5, 2010

The Body and Blood of Jesus

Beads of Joy 11-05-10

The Body and Blood Of Jesus
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Well Friday is here, we have had an absolutely fantastic fun insightful week. I hope to be able to expand this approach on all the mysteries as time moves forward. Today we are reflecting on the Fifth Luminous Mystery - The Institution of the Holy Eucharist. What an absolutely exciting mystery, one we can celebrate every Sunday, or one that we can celebrate everyday. I can't explain how exciting this mystery is to me, by simply writing a sentence. It's much more than simply that. You see falling in with our Lord, to me; means learning and knowing everything about Him that I possibly can. No, I am a scholar, by no stretch of the word. But my life is rich in the Word and Adoration of my Lord. Take the Mass as an example. Many many years ago, back in the early 1980's I wanted to understand and really participate in the Mass. So what did I do? I subscribed to get a missal sent to my house. I had plans to only be able to follow the daily Mass, but I actually wanted to really understand it like an actor would a script. By doing that for me; my love for the Mass is deep and I am really emotionally and spiritually tied into the entire experience.

You can easily do the same. Simple even just ask your church if you can borrow a missal for the week, and you will bring back next Sunday for Mass. Spend the week learning all the prayers, the ones we pray and the ones the priest prays. This is so exciting. I will tell you how crazy I was into this; I have even hand written all this out, so it would resonate in my mind, my heart and in my soul. It's been a long time since I did that, maybe it's time for me to do that again.


THE BODY OF CHRIST

As I approach the altar I look
The priest is holding you for me,
I get closer and I am so excited inside
I bow down before I receive, this is so holy.

Participating brings Joy to my heart
A Joy I just I wish I could really explain,
But this Joy is exciting and always so new
I guess going to Mass helps me to maintain.

I really wish I could stay at the altar
Like laying down at the foot of the cross,
My life would be fully consumed by Him
And all other things I wouldn't consider a loss.

Don't misunderstand me, I love my life
But to be only with Jesus as I wake and sleep,
That my dear bothers and sisters
Would be so cool, so incredibly neat.
:)

Really get yourself wound up and excited about the Holy Mass. Jesus is ever present in the Eucharist, and we are there to worship Him and to consume Him. He is our Lord, our God, our Savior. Ok, I need to catch my breath. lol

Cheerfully pray: Jesus, I trust in You.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. Crowing with Thorns
4. Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of Jesus