Monday, November 15, 2010

Your Faith Has Made You Well

Beads of Joy 11-15-10

Your Faith Has Made You Well
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Praise Jesus, another fantastic, fabulous, awesome week has begun. I know what you are saying, "Oh no, the crazy wild Jesus freak is up and wide awake again, and why does he have to do this on a Monday." LOL. I bet I was close to what you were thinking. Today is fantastic, I know we all have many things going on in our lives; I will be the first to say my plate isn't only full, but it is overflowing and weights about a bazillion tons. There now with that being said, we all know that feeling of being overwhelmed with way more than we feel we can handle. Today we are reflecting on a magnificent gospel, Luke 18:35-43 (Healing of a Blind Man). This poor man was mering sitting on the side of the road, blind, and most likely homeless begging each day for food and compassion. On this particular day, Jesus was passing by (going through his life, if you will) and this man heard the crowd and asked what was going on. When he heard it was Jesus, this man knew of the mercy and miracles and love Jesus shared with so many. All he wanted to do was see again. This mans faith and perseverance helped to get him to be able to talk to Jesus to ask him for his sight. Jesus immediately restored his sight, and he said, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well." Praise Jesus. I know we know that it isn't always that simple. Obviously if Jesus were physically here, things would be radically different in this world. Patience my brothers and sisters, that day will come.

Are our eyes closed to what is going on around us? Do we feel we can't see and so we must sit on the side lines, waiting and begging for a miracle or something to happen? Some of us do, some of us have done this from to time, we are all guilty of that. But the most special part of our faith is that by our faith, we build courage and comfort in knowing that Jesus truly loves each and everyone of us individually. We know that God only wants the best for us, we know that He wants us happy and healthy and confident in His word. It's always very difficult to explain these things, so that everyone reading this can fully understand what it is, that I am really saying. Let me try to explain it to you in the best way I feel the Spirit will lead me to. I am not a scholar or some hot shot college graduate. I did go to college for two years, but that don't have nothing to do all with this. All I have to offer as far as sharing and directing others to Jesus, is a love for my Lord and His Mother; a deep, devout, sincere, unshakable, unbreakable, bold, solid love, a love covering twenty seven years of praying. I couldn't care less what people think about me and my faith, and I would gladly willingly die for it, I shall never deny Him, nor will I ever speak bad of Him. I love Him and my entire life is fully devoted to Him. He gave me a family to tend to, take care of, and get on a path that leads to Him; and He has given me the absolute most blessed blessings with some of the most awesome Godly brothers and sisters to share all this with. A fellowship I absolutely love and cherish. And an open outward ability to talk to anyone freely, even if we never met before. No one is a stranger to me.

Now with all that being said. How can we go through this life understanding, what it is all this pain and discomfort and hurt and loss means that brings us closer to our Lord? Don't misunderstand this next statement, I do not desire pain and suffering and I really am not looking for a change to struggle, but most of you really know me. Because all of that is in my life and it has been for some time, I embrace all of it with all my heart and I know; I just really really know that all of this has some meaning in who I am in my Lord. God will not give us what we can't handle, He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows we will cry and crumble and hurt. There is a reason for all of this, I am not here writing to say that I know the reason. But what I will say, is that because of your faith, my faith, our faith, we can come through the toughest of times even closer to our Lord then when it all began. Reality check, this world does not revolve around any of us, it revolves around a God who decides and judges from what we do and say and act, what our eternity will be. Did all of that make sense. I am not a pain, suffering seeker. I only embrace it knowing that in the end it will be for God's glory. I must stand strong in my faith, knowing that no matter what God is love and God's love will give me the mercy and fortitude to get through anything. And while I go through my own personal challenges and suffering, I thank Jesus for all the pain, I thank Him not knowing it's purpose yet; but I do know it's for His glory, that's all I need to know.

So, what must we do, all of us, to help us get through some of the toughest times we all face? Do you want my formula, my recipe, my way of dealing with and managing such a load of stress that one should collapse and be devoured by it. LOL, yes it is that heavy and that crazy at times for me. But I refuse to crumble and give in to the destruction that stress will do to me. Do I cry? Yes. Do I lose sleep? Big time yes. Do I lose my faith not knowing why this is all happening to me? NO, No, no, did I mention, NO!! Instead I grab hold of my Rosary Beads and I pray and pray and pray and study and read and mediate and give my 100,000% of my every breathe to my Lord every single day. That my brothers and sisters is my secret. I am given much grace and strength to withstand anything thrown at me, still solid and deeply in love with my Lord and His Most Precious Mother. You to can be as solid and crazy in love as I am. You must sell out to Him. He must be all you think about, above the noise and tears and sorrow. He must never ever leave your mind and heart and soul. He really must dominate your ever heart beat. Once you do all that, well then this is easy. LOL.. Come on I am praying for so many of you, you can do it and when you do, oh my gosh, your life will never be the same ever again. Nothing will be too difficult to handle. Stay strong my brothers and sisters, God is here for all of us.

My secret coded daily prayer is, "Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation
2. The Visitation
3. The Birth of Jesus
4. The Presentation in The Temple
5. Finding of Jesus in the Temple