Friday, November 12, 2010

One Taken While One Remains

Beads of Joy 11-12-10

One Taken While One Remains
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

When God is ready, we better be. What an incredible, exciting gospel we have to reflect upon today. Thank God, our Lord tells us all these things. Scripture doesn't only reveal God's love for us, but it also gives us the knowledge of what we must know and do as that day draws closer. Today we are reflecting on Luke 17:26-37 (The Day of The Son of Man). I am excited and thrilled when it comes to reading scripture. Jesus clearly warns us in today's gospel to be ready. Yes we are certain of His return, but none of us are certain of that day and the hour to expect Him. How do you prepare for something important and life changing in your life? You don't wait for the day of your wedding to pop the question, and then get the church and the hall lined up, the very second that it happens. Same as you don't plan on having a car accident, but when you do, the car insurance you put on it, secured the outcome should something like that happens. So with our spiritual life we must prepare for our Lord's return. Will we be alive when He returns? I don't know, nobody really does. So we have to plan for His return whether we are under the ground or above it.

Today's scripture shows us why it is so important that we share these truths with everybody. There is no guarantee that people will listen, but we can plant seeds, and love them no matter what they say, and of cause no one can stop us from praying for them. That is one of the most wonderful, most precious gifts we can give one another, every single day. I am serious about that. Praying for someone else is what Mary does for us in her intercession to our Lord. She asks her Son for us, on her behalf; as we ask for a family member or a friends request on our behalf. Her example is really such a huge part of who we are in His sight. And I mean we as a community of believers, who must prayer more and more for one another. I take that part of my prayer life very seriously. When most people ask, "Please pray for me." the typical response is, "yes of cause". But truly how many people really do? How many people who see your challenges and know our struggling life, really pray for you/us when that's what they say they will do that for you?

We need to take praying for others, as serious as we take praying for our own salvation. Jesus was clear, "Do to others as you would have them do to you." How do you pray for other? Do you mention their names and needs out loud? Do you have a list of friends names, and their requests or needs? Come on tell me how you pray for others. LOL. Ok. since I can't exactly hear you, I know you can hear me. So I will share with you what I do, and my way of praying for others. It's not crazy, weird or strange, it's just different. I didn't actually learn it or pick it up from anyone, I just sort of developed into this wonderful method of praying for others. And you know what I am going to share this method in a poem. I am way outside the box when it comes to everything. LOL.. check this out...

I PRAY FOR YOU

You ask me to pray for you
I say by all means you know I will,
I grab a pen and write it down
And I don't stop writing it all out until...

Where do I write all these things you ask
In a place I am very invested in each day,
A place I cherish and fully adore the words
A place I go to when I am preparing to pray.

My bible of cause is where it goes
I have pages for this at many a fold,
I pray for you I mean that my friends
My pages have names both young and old.

I have been doing this for many years
When did it start? then you ask, Is that what you do?
I say yes I can see all by name
And then I pray, "Jesus, My Lord, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. Crowing with Thorns
4. Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of Jesus