Thursday, November 18, 2010

We Didn't Know The Time

Beads of Joy 11-18-10

We Didn't Know The Time
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

I pray that you are having a fantastic day. So why is it so many refuse to listen to our Lord? Those who do not listen, do not know the time He is to return. And what about all those of us who are lukewarm? Those people who know Jesus, and yet live a life as if He didn't exist; and what He says means nothing, they will one day pay for not paying attention to the signs of the times and the words of our Lord. (hope that run-on sentence made sense, lol) God comes to us to do two very specific things: to purify us and to judge us, and this is to take us out of our sinful, horrible ungodly life. He actively does this in our lives, to root out the sin that will inevitably going to destroy us. Today's gospel is Luke 19:41-44 (Jesus Weeps Over Jerusalem). Why is it that Jerusalem rejected Jesus and the faith He came to share? Our Lord's love will never cease and the mercy He has for us, is never ending. Most of us know that God actively works in our lives, to teach us, to help direct and to save us. That's why we have the power of the Holy Spirit working it's will through us when we allow it to; and it through the power of the Holy Spirit that helps us recognize God's presence.

In our lives do we accept God's grace? And with that grace do we turn away from our sins? And with that, do we walk even closer to God? Much to think about, but Jesus weeps over ever soul who turns away from Him. He also weeps for those who ignore Him, and probably even more especially for those who know Him, know of His grace and love and mercy and still turn away from Him. Our lives are not that of "religion" or simply a church. Our lives of faith are based on a relationship with God's Son. That relationship must be taken very seriously, it is as real as the one we have with our family. If you were to say to your family, "I love you, but I intend to offend and ignore you whenever I wish, but I still love you." Do you think it would be received well? Probably not. Thank God, His love and mercy never turns away from us, we may in not so many words tell Jesus that very statement, day in and day out. Let us cleanse our soul as often as we possibly can with a good, sincere and loving confession. Jesus will embrace us, no matter how bad we see it, or know it to be, even if we have committed these sins countless times. Jesus loves us, let us not be like Jerusalem, rather let us be open and loving and bold in loving Him. Confession will keep us clean and ready for His return.

Let me tell you a little story. Fr Larry Richards wants us to understand a real good solid confession in this way. I'll use me and the example he used in the story to make better sense of this: Let's say I see you and I come over to you and I beat you up, maybe break your arm. And I say.. PLEASE forgive me. What would you say? I forgive you. Ok, what a wonderful friend you are, so blessed and kind. Couple days later I see you again and I beat you up again, this time I break both your arms in multiple places. And I say.. PLEASE forgive me. What would you say? I forgive you. You are such a saint. Again another couple days go by and I see you again and I break both your arms and both your legs. And I say... PLEASE forgive me. What would you? I don't believe you Jimmy. Why, I am your friend. You'd say, if you really were really sorry, you'd stop committing this sin. ding ding ding ding... BINGO. Let us seriously work on our own downfalls and sins, and do our best to stop offending our precious Lord and really try to cleanse ourselves for Him.

LET US BE PREPARED

God loves us so much without end
He sacrificed His Son to defeat death for us,
In return for dying to save
We must die to our sins often and much.

We have been blessed with a chance
One we can participate in often,
It's so simple and often overlooked
But we can go to confession and tell our sin.

God will forgive and love us dearly
Nothing will make Him cast us out,
We must be sincere in our repentance
And be true to what this is all about.

What can we do? How can we be better prepared? Go to confession and communion as much as you possibly can. I don't mean hourly. LOL. Mass daily is a blessing. Confession weekly is possibly and very smart. It's up to you, but if you can, just do it and enjoy these most blessed sacraments, that we have at our disposal each day. God loves you, no matter what you have to say. And we will all always be forgiven. Let us really try our best to be prepared each and every single day as if on this very day, Jesus were to arrive in our home, our town, our workplace. Always be prepared. Pray to our Lord everyday, and as you prepare, pray, "Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist