Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wedding Miracle - Dads View

Beads of Joy 11-02-10

Wedding Miracle - Dads View
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Let's take a look at this fabulous mystery we have to reflect upon today. As a dad I would be proud to see my Son helping out at wedding party. These reflections are different in nature; but I hope they help give you a different way to look at all these events in Jesus' life. Today we look at the Second Luminous Mystery - The Wedding at Cana. What an absolutely special place to find our Lord and His most Blessed Mother. See they were partiers to. LOL. Little did the bride and groom realize that that invitation to the "Christ" family, (lol) would bring so much Joy and praise and blessing to their wedding feast. For me to share this, we need to chill and enjoy Jesus the way we see it in this story and be blessed by a most gracious loving God. In this mystery, we can see many things: Marys knowledge of Jesus' power and her ability to directly ask Him for something; Jesus' desire to make this wedding feast a blessing. Now I am going to try to see this from the vantage point of me being the dad and my son being the one to perform the miracles after His mom asked Him to.

I don't know about you, but I just love weddings. And a wedding feast before God followed by a huge party, is one big festive celebration I would love to be at. Today I reflect as a dad who might observe or think; wow, my son is so giving, so concerned that this wonderful newly married couple getting off to a fantastic start. I'm sitting on the other side of the table and I notice Mary has observed a bit of a disturbance between the servers, they look worried or concerned about something. Little did I realize that Mary already knew the power her Son had. I see Him be obedient to His mother, yes he initially squabbled about her request, but He still fulfilled her wishes. I am amazed and I bow my head and I offer my blessing to this wonderful man, while I praise God for being so caring in this matter. I don't think I would have intervened, but I would have certainly pursued to make myself spend much more time with this man. I guess you see I do have a challenge with this mystery as far as a reflection as a dad. I think it would be better to say that all my reflections would best be reflected if I were the dad of the bride or the groom.


A FATHERS JOY

Today I see my child take that leap
To spend a life with that special someone,
They made a choice I am so proud
Now together they can fulfill God's mission.

A mission to work together as one
To spread His word and love to all people,
The love they will share together
Will spark the Joy and they will fly like an eagle.

I see the Joy they will have together
And I feel blessed to be here to help guide,
Maybe some day our Lord will bless them
With a ministry that goes worldwide.

We are here for one purpose and this I know
We must work together in sharing His word,
Sharing it with every one we know
And share with such of love, that we are honored.

Let us praise Jesus with a full, loving, caring, giving heart. We should be just as happy and as excited as that newly married couple was. The day Jesus came into their lives was one of the most special days of their life together. I am telling you guys I have so much JOY, I can not contain it. So how many times have you been married? I don't ask that to be a wise guy, or because I am just plain goofy. I say that so I can answer it. For me 4 times. LOL LOL LOL.. Ok, let me explain, can we please have some order and quiet so I can explain, by the way it's all been with only one wife (Chrissy). LOL. In 1986 Chrissy and I eloped (1). Then in 1987 we had a big church wedding (2), followed by a reception at the convent hall (yes that's where we had our huge very Jesus, Mary reception with lots of nuns and priests) at which time in the chapel we did our wedding ceremony all over again (3), and then in 1995 we got new rings and renewed our vows again before a priest (4). Ok, did everybody follow that? LOL

All Souls Day is Wonderful, "Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. Crowing with Thorns
4. Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of Jesus