Monday, November 1, 2010

His Baptism - A Dads View

Beads of Joy 11-01-10

His Baptism - A Dads View
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to yet another very exciting week of reflection. A reflection I identify as my Luminous reflection, obviously I didn't come up with that unique term all by myself. LOL. Today a dad like me reflects upon the First Luminous Mystery - The Baptism of Jesus in the River Jordan. Now I realize that there are no noted records of Joseph in many, if not most of the mysteries. But please note that the intended purpose of these reflections aren't fully wrapped around Joseph's experience alone, per say. Instead, these reflections are meant to give us a reflection like a dad or a mom or anybody else would, if they were there. Today in this mystery I see a man being baptized (like I have seen all my children baptized), I find out the man baptizing Him is His cousin. I hear John the Baptist off in the distant saying, "But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." Is he talking about my Jesus? As a dad, I am amazed, overwhelmed, and filled with so much Joy. Is this wonderful news and experience happening before my eyes? Do I truly see the son/daughter I love with all my heart being baptized before me? I was there and I was spiritually praying for each of my children, as they were baptized. The feeling of Joy is so exciting, it's like having the opportunity to wrap your children in Jesus' arms again and again. Knowing well that they are safe, secure and on their way to all eternity with Him.

Now the whole story here is about a man, who had a cousin who paved the way clear for Him to begin His ministry, and this wonderful event was the starter, the kicker that began it all. As a parent I would have to say to some degree that I don't fully understand it, but I do trust that whatever God has planned for them, will be good for them. I trust Jesus with all my heart, knowing that His intentions in their lives are always pure, simple and they inevitable give Him praise. Knowing and believing all that, I would have to say, I would be there with some towels to hand to my child. But we know what's coming don't we. After our child comes out of the river and into our arms; they are going to tell us that they are going to take a long journey into the wilderness and in about forty days they will be back home. A poem sometimes cuts to the chase a whole lot easier with all I am trying to say. Let me give it a try.


A DADS VIEW On The River

I see my child in the waters edge
Waiting to be baptized by the baptist,
John is his name that's what he says
I wonder if my child shall persist.

I wait to see and what do you know
My child is the one for John was waiting,
I bend a knee and look up to heaven
Praising God Almighty for this is amazing.

This very experience has lifted my soul
I know how a dad would feel about this,
A dad who loves Jesus is the one who knows
That a child serving God, is his own bliss.

So I ponder some more only to find
My child is leaving today for the wilderness,
I pray and pray and pray like crazy
But in my heart I know he'll find His trueness.

Do you see how sometimes a simple poem can pour out my heart even better than words in sentences sometimes. Our Lord began His ministry after His baptism followed by a forty day fast in the wilderness. This is so exciting, I can't contain it. I wish all I could do all day everyday is share Jesus, non-stop. You know, I did want to become a priest many many many years ago. I still have that urning to serve in a much greater capacity. I just know one day our Lord will lead me to wherever that will be.

Live each and everyday to the fullest of Jesus have given,
And your live will always be a little piece of Heaven.

"Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation
2. The Visitation
3. The Birth of Jesus
4. The Presentation in The Temple
5. Finding of Jesus in the Temple