Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Can't Escape Temptation

Beads of Joy 05-05-10

We Can't Escape Temptation
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Recognize Temptation 3/5
Hello Everyone,

There is no hour, no day, no time, no place that anyone can escape from temptation. We must be patient with the things we have no control of, this is one of those things. There is a constant, endless almost annoying tug inside all of us about whatever it is we are weak to and give into. Satan knows those weaknesses, he knows how to manipulate our common sense that would normally keep us away. He knows how to do whatever it'll take to destroy us, to make us unclean with sin before our Lord. If satan can make you or me just take one step away from Jesus every single chance he gets, he'll be thrilled with just that. For if there are enough steps away from Jesus, then we will no longer be close to Jesus. That's one of his biggest goals, to make us move away from our Lord. He'll convince us, "Oh you can believe and worship Him, just come to me for your habits. It's Ok." Satan is out to do one thing and one thing only, and that's to destroy you and me. And the best way to destroy us is by making our lives unworthy before our Lord.

Now let us see what scripture tells us about temptation, and what we need to know about it, knowing that we will indeed be faced with it. "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13. See God has given us the ability to resist, sometimes we need to really dig down deep to find the courage to walk the other away, or change the channel, look the other way, whatever. One key way for us to escape the temptation is to resist it. Now that sounds so simple, so unrealistic, "If it was that easy, this would be no big deal." I'm sure somebody just said that to the computer screen. I know, and I agree with you, but, there's always a but. LOL. Scripture tells us plainly that we can. Check it out, "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7, see as promised, it is scriptural.

We can't "escape" temptation, per say; but we can avoid it whenever possible. What is your weakness?, what do you melt to and give into so easily? We are all humans, we are not machines or drones, Ok, some of you know what I mean by drones, so OK there are drones out there. Mr Levin has made that clear. LOL. See what I mean by temptations!, sometimes we fall right into a trap, set out before us by the evil one. I try, I really try, but I admit I am weak when it comes to the temptations of my life. But I don't give up, and I try my best not to give in. Jesus is always my strength, more than many of you know. For to me the bible helps guide me through some of the wickest storms of life. "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service." 1 Timothy 1:12. The good is well worth fighting for, we can't surrender to the devil, for his goal is only to destroy us and separate us from God for all eternity. Our strength and persistence to embrace the will of God, in the end will separate us from the evil one for all eternity.

So we can't flee, we can't escape. Then what do we do? The solution I believe is easier then I think we make it out to be. We need to build a serious solid relationship with Jesus, a more familiar kind, a better acquainted approach. Our future, our eternity will depend on it. Aim no lower than that. Jesus has taught to us sincere love and embraced us with His death. Let us learn by His example. We must crucify our old self's, I do mean that, not literally, obviously. But we really must END, who we were and we MUST be new in Him alone. And we may have to do this over and over and over again throughout our lives. I learned something once told to me back in my early Jesus Years, like the early 1980's. At the time I was attending a prayer group at St Patrick's Church in Richmondtown, on Staten Island. Fr Jeff Conway was our prayer group priest. He told me, "It is better for you to constantly start over and clean the slate with our Lord in confession, then to do nothing at all. Our Lord knows your heart when you keep trying." He further said, "It's when we give up that satan wins. Never stop confessing and trying to make it right with God. He knows your heart." That has stuck with me these 27 years. I never forgot the wisdom he shared with me. I am ever grateful.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO