Thursday, May 27, 2010

Water: The Drink of Choice

Beads of Joy 05-27-10

Water: The Drink of Choice
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Living A Healthy Life 4/5
Hello Everyone,

Water, nice clean topic. LOL. It's really as simple as that. Water is the best thing for us. The more we drink the healthier it makes us, and the cleaner it keeps our digestive track. And if you combine "walking" my favorite exercise with it, you loose weight and feel very energetic. Like I have said on the last blog, it is recommended that we drink half our body weight in ounces of water everyday. So if you weight 140 pounds, you should drink 70 ounces of water everyday. See what happens is that all the water your body retains will leave, because now your body knows fresh water will always be replenished everyday. Yes you and the restrooms may become one for a while till you understand your bodies rhythm. In other words try to drink that amount at the same time or a portion at specific times. See then your body will literally be like clock work when you need a restroom. I use to drink 100 ounces every morning before work. I know that's crazy, but I went to work full and ready for the day. And I even drank more at work. I was 175lbs when I was doing that. My daily intake is always 100 ounces. By the way, add lemon into the water, it helps cleanse your intestines and helps reeve up your metabolism. I have spent years studying my own eating habits, and what I prefer to be eating, so I am not a nutritionist, but I play one on the Internet. LOL, sorry, that just slipped in there.

Now let's talk about the benefits, I will only be able to slightly touch on them, there are so many it will blow your mind. So let me run through as many as I mention for now: Healthy skin for starters - It helps to give your skin the moisture it needs to maintain elasticity and suppleness and to prevent dryness. Improve All Body Functions - Our body needs water to live, we function better when the body is fully hydrated. Weight Loss - Yes you read that right, see when the body works are peak condition, and your diet is high in water content, soup, veges, fruit; your body will feel full and be healthy in a good way. Shields you from many disease - Believe it or not, if you have a serious daily regimen of water intake, your body will constantly be eliminating toxins from within, keeping your vital organs more vibrant and clean. Helps your muscles and joints function better - Water is a lubricant the body needs to function properly, if you dehydrate, you are only asking for physical problems. Also helps prevent or alleviate headaches, aids to digestion, it also lessens the risk of kidney stones and water does fight off infections. A simple test to see if you are having enough water is take a look at your urine (sorry, this is the easiest way to tell). But the lighter and silvery it looks the healthier and more hydrated you are. If it's really dark, then you have these toxins in your kidney. I'm no doctor, just going by what I have leaned through the years.

We can see how our health needs water and why it really needs to be our main choice of drink. Now let us take a look at the bible reflections on water, the average translation finds over 600 reference scriptures in regard to the word water. In the biblical sense we can see how the woman at the well found out the true eternal importance God places on the water He gives us, it maybe out of context when it comes to the physical needs our bodies have for water, but it is powerful in its spiritual context. "Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water." John 4:13-15. Water indeed saves lives, we need water to live, "They did not thirst when he led them through the deserts; he made water flow for them from the rock; he split the rock and water gushed out." Isaiah 48:21.

You can see why I place so much emphasis on drinking water everyday. Our bodies must remain hydrated at all times in order maintain a healthy lifestyle. I pray that his has been helpful. Try adding the lemon like I spoke of earlier, you will find (at least I found) when you do that you can easily drink very large quantities of water. I prefer my in an ice filled glass (I even freeze my cups in the freezer with the ice in the cups), and add some lemon, and I can literally go through 2-3 (20oz) glasses very quickly. Your thirst is so quenched, and your body feels so refreshed. I am only looking to help those interested in living healthy, productive, God filled lives. You will serve our Lord far better and more fervently if you are healthy and you have lots of energy. God Bless all of you.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO