Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Spirit of Truth Comes

Beads of Joy 05-30-10

The Spirit of Truth Comes
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Clear a path ! Clear a Path ! Jesus is sending us the Spirit of Truth. Awesome day to celebrate. That statement, "Clear a path" I got that from the movie The Ten Commandments. Don't you worry, I won't get side tracked on this magnificent day to celebrate. Our hearts and minds will be enlightened by the wisdom of the Spirit of the Truth today; and all the days that are ahead for us to celebrate. Today we celebrate The Most Holy Trinity, our gospel reading can be found in John 16:12-15. The inseparable Triune God has been brought into our lives. We do not have to fully understand exactly what this mystery means. All we need to know is that all are equal and all give to one another unconditionally equally with no other intent other than to do for each other. It was best said by Fr. Mullally in last night's homily, "What is God? God is a total unity of three Persons, an eternal community of living love, of mutual self-giving. There is no holding back, there are no hidden agendas, there is no manipulation. The inner life of God is absolute, no-holds-barred generosity, eternal and unlimited self-giving. That is God: three perfect divine Persons who perfectly share the unique divine nature." Insight-fully magnificent Father, thank you. Father's homilies are always like this.

How can we personally know all three, yet all separate and distinctly separate, yet still one? Come on, that's a great question. But many may even answer it like I will. Each distinct person of the trinity play unique roles biblically and personally. I'm no scholar, just a bit addicted to my Lord, His Father and Mother and The Holy Spirit; so sometimes my insight can't be seen from the street, you need to come into yard, past the fence. Did that make sense? So come on over and check this out. God is the ultimate part of the trinity, he is thee creator, the God head. "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Mark 13:32. See God the Father is in-charge. While the Son is our Savior, the sacrifice sent by God to save the world, ""For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:16-17. And the Holy Spirit will be our helper, "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:26. There is obviously way more to that, but you get the gist, the separate yet distinct persons in the trinity.

So how do you refer to each of them when you are sharing or praying? Ah, another very interesting question. I don't know that I consciously think about them separately, now this is going to be really hard to explain. I see the Trinity as One, yet when I speak of Jesus he is my brother and Savior, then when I speak of the Holy Spirit I see Him as the teacher and guide who brings me back to the Son who brings us to the Father. Are you following me? They are One in so much as I entwine their names and roles so casually that I really don't think about it. God I always see and express as the creator and Father. Yet the word God, the three are. I just know I will be rereading this several times before publishing it. I hope all of that made sense. Sometimes when something isn't fully understood, it becomes more magnificent. Just think about this: If God were a bunch of step by step instructions to understand all there is to know about Him, why would He be God? Then He is no longer so powerful or mysterious. I believe the key part of our faith is "not knowing" all there is to know about God.

There are so many things in the world that we live in that have no answer, at least none that is so well defined that all questions end. Why does the earth provide life, and yet no other planet can or does. Oh sure we all may use all that scientific mumbo jumble, but in the end of all that, we say, "God keeps all things is the balance, we don't know why He chose the earth." without ever really answering the question, but rather trusting completely in Him, He who is God the creator. I mean really why is science so precise? The worldly people say, we randomly came about through evolution, and recently my secretary at work insist we came from aliens. PLEASE, give me a break, if you refuse to believe in God, that's your choice, but aliens? What were you thinking. To me if you believe we are from aliens then you have way more faith than I can ever have in anything. Then to you who believe that, Fred Flintstone and George Jetson must be our ancestors. The Trinity is a matter of faith and trust in a God who loves us with all His heart; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO