Sunday, May 23, 2010

Receive The Holy Spirit

Beads of Joy 05-23-10

Receive The Holy Spirit
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

PENTECOST SUNDAY: I have to do my best to return to be that blogger; you know, the bold, goofy at times, straight to the point, proud Roman Catholic I was before. Yes I am hurting inside, yes my heart is broken and softened these past few days. But know this, no other God shall be so vibrant and alive inside my heart as the one we all love and adore. Jesus Christ is my Lord and my Savior, my friend and my brother. He alone is ALL I need to be happy, to be content and to be secure when times get scary. I am strong, because He is rock solid strong inside me. I can carry Chrissy, because He carries me. Today's gospel is exciting, and it should make you bold in your faith; today we are reflecting on John 20:19-23 (Jesus' Appearance to the Disciples). Jesus promised the disciples the gift of the Holy Spirit, but it was contingent to His death, Resurrection and Ascension.

Do you know the incredible thing here is the exact parallel that God and Jesus have done to instill life. God breathe physical life into man, while Jesus breathe spiritual life into the disciples, and us. The faith-filled, life in the Spirit life has now been brought to the world. Do we pray to the Holy Spirit for strength, guidance, and wisdom? As I go through these challenge we are facing in our families life; I find that the Holy Spirit does all those things for me in my life and more. God's wisdom allowed the Holy Spirit to be so close to our heart beat; that the quiet voice of God can be heard. Our faith-filled life is such a blessing not only to us; but it is such a blessing to all those around us, who's hearts we can touch with that part of God we all have within us to share. This kind of a gift isn't one that should be embraced and put in a safe place and locked up. Rather it should given away over and over again. No matter how much we give away, we will always have more to give.

Come on everybody: Do we really hunger for the life in the Spirit inside of us? and do we really want the Spirit to come alive? The answer is obvious, Yes! The excitement, the joy, the overwhelming power inside me, is the Holy Spirit, it is partly the reason why I am so wound up all the time. The greatest reason why I love this so much, is that the Holy Spirit is self empowering. The Holy Spirit gives us everything we need to honor, worship and love God with all our hearts, without ever needing to seek anything else. This is what I say to you, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13. Scripture helps us understand the Holy Spirit of God even more.

It is the power, and the excitement, and the joy that is in the Holy Spirit, that is so alive inside me. No matter what we are going through, no matter how difficult it is. I allow the Holy Spirit to come alive inside me and explode with excitement. I love how exciting and how much I feel so willing and excited to share Jesus. I see how the Spirit is alive and how the Spirit seeks to draw others to Jesus. What I am trying to say here in today's blog is, "I'm back!" Everyone, Enjoy MASS today, spend some special time with Jesus.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO