Monday, May 10, 2010

He Will Bear Witness To Me

Beads of Joy 05-10-10

He Will Bear Witness To Me
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Jesus is telling the disciples that He is sending them the Holy Spirit today. The Spirit of Truth will be there for all of us. What a really special gospel we have to reflect upon today. Today we are reading John 15:26-16:4 (The Counselor Will Bear Witness to Jesus). Oh how I strongly recommend you spend time in God's Word. Throughout my spiritual walk, I have found it to be such an encouragement. You see back in 1983 at the Daughter's of St Paul bookstore. I bought the New Testament on cassette (that's right I said cassette, am I dating myself, lol), and this version is the theatrical version, meaning; there are multiple voices acting out the scripture (women, elderly, etc), and there are background sound effects, etc, all done in the New International Version (NIV) of the bible. It's almost mind boggling how exciting they make all scripture sound. Maybe that's where I get so wound up about the scripture, I cherish this cassette collection of mine. I don't know there maybe more to my excitement. But what I do know is that the more time I spend with Jesus in His word, the more I fall in love with Him, and the more I get to know Him. To this day I still listen to those same cassettes.

We learn so much about the Holy Spirit from Jesus. Most importantly we learn that the three of them (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who are inseparable, even though separate they are one. That alone is so exciting, and it is through the Holy Spirit that our hearts are united with Jesus and The Father. And it is by the power of the Holy Spirit that our lives are truly transformed. The Spirit gives us courage, and strength when we know, we alone can't do it. It is the Spirit that empowers us with boldness. "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7. We have been given such a blessed gift, such a powerful loving part of the trinity. Let us live our lives embracing that which we have been given. We need to pray to the Holy Spirit for our faith to be deepened and strengthen especially in the times we live in. Catholics are under fire in our world, and Jesus warned us that we would be. We must remember that Jesus told us these days would come. Honker down and pray your rosary, the Rosary is all scriptural.

Our allegiance must be with Jesus. Nothing must separate us from Him, and it is by the power of the Holy Spirit that our souls are united with Jesus. Here is an excellent scripture to reflect upon, "If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose." Philippians 2:1-2. The Holy Spirit is here for us to help us, to guide us, to show us the way to Jesus. For it was through the power of the Holy Spirit that Jesus was brought into the world; and it is through the power of the Holy Spirit that we are brought to Jesus. We must open our hearts and listen to that small still voice inside our hearts. The Holy Spirit will move you and guide you. You must first trust in Him. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13.

Here is one of my own personal prayers from my journals:
"Dear Lord, today I pray that you fill my heart with a sincere deep love for the Holy Spirit that you have sent me. I ask that you help teach me to love like you, to forgive like you and to do all I can to live my life like you. Most importantly Lord, please help me to love those who hate me, and even more especially for those who seek to destroy me because I love you Lord. My desires in this life are all about you dear Lord. Please help me control the patience I sometimes don't have for others. I also pray Lord that you help me keep a seal on my lips, so that my words never hurt another. Please Lord teach my heart to only seek and desire a hunger for Heavenly things. I know Lord your will is all I seek, please guide me in the direction you want my life. No one in this life Lord has capture and stole my heart like you have. I promise to do all I can to show you in word and deed that I am true to you dear Lord. Amen."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO