Friday, October 22, 2010

Finding of Jesus - Dads View

Beads of Joy 10-22-10

Finding of Jesus - Dads View
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

As the week comes to a close we are going to reflect on a mystery that is every parents worst nightmare. Now many of us know that the way of life in Jesus' time was much different than it is now here in America. Back in His time, men and women and children would be separate in traveling, the kids mostly stayed where the women were, amongst there families and extended families. And the amount of people were huge in numbers as they traveled together. Today we reflect upon the fifth Joyful Mystery - The Finding of Jesus in The Temple. Let us consider being in Mary and Joseph's shoes for even just a moment. OMG !!!! I know we all would feel the same way. But then our mindset is far different than there's was, but they to were worried and concerned. They thought Jesus was in one place and they searched and found Him in another. Did they call the police? Did they call 9-1-1? I don't think they were able to get a cell tower to pick up their signal. lol. OMG !! They really had to be at some point absolutely frantic thinking, "We just lost the child Jesus, our Savior, when God finds out... we are... in trouble." Ok, a little drama, but you get the idea. lol.

Now as a dad, I would have been so frantic, never sleeping a wink, and looking in every single possible place we were near. I would have his picture in my hand and I know I would never ever tire out at all till I found him. Through these 22 of the 24 years with children, Praise Jesus we have never lost or misplaced any of our children. Yes we have lost sight of them for a few minutes here and there, but never truly "lost" them. My heart aches for parents that lose sight of their children's whereabouts, especially there little children. What were they thinking? How do you not remember to keep hold of your little kids? I just can't comprehend the thought of not keeping my eyes glued to our kids when traveling or even just out to the Wal-Mart or Shop-Rite. Maybe it's just me, I even look for them constantly at 17 years old and when Jimmy and Christopher are here at 21 & 22 years old. I do my best not to lose sight of them. It must be a parental thing. I love it.

But Jesus wasn't the typical lost child that drifted away. He went straight to His Father's house. It is so incredible !! I get goosebumps thinking about the infinite mystery of the wisdom of the child Jesus when I ponder this mystery. It is so exciting knowing how smart and ready to be our Savior He was. Let us pray that in the event of our children being lost from our sight that they to, find their way into God's house for comfort and love while they would await our arrival.

We Searched Endlessly For You

My Son or Daughter where are you
I do not see you before my sight,
I shall begin to look for you and never tire
My seeking will last straight through the night.

You are my love, my child, for you I adore
For God has entrusted you to me,
I must keep you close by my side
For your safety, is top priority in my life you see.

No stone shall be left, not over turned
My Lord will guide the search that we shall do,
And know my child how true this is
We shall search endlessly for you.

We know our Lord shall protect you well
And He is keeping you safe for our arms to hold,
So stay right there my son or daughter
And know that we are on our way as this unfolds.

So in the event of this ever happening, what should we do? I think even Mary and Joseph did the right thing first; they simply began back tracking their journey through the places they traveled. The most important thing is not to get into panic mode and lose sight about two critical parts of this very serious situation; time is essential and back tracking is very helpful looking for possibilities. But relax, I bet most of you are very good parents, probably even more protective than I am.

Thank You Lord for entrusting me with 5 awesome kids.
Lord, may we all pray to you, "Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. Crowing with Thorns
4. Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of Jesus