Thursday, October 7, 2010

Who Is Knocking At The Door?

Beads of Joy 10-07-10

Who Is Knocking At The Door?
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

The title almost makes you feel like singing, don't it? "Someones knocking at the door. Some body's ringing the bell. Someones knocking at the door. Some body's ringing the bell. Do me a favor, open the door and let 'em in." Paul McCartney & Wings. Remember? Some do, and some of y'all have no clue, I understand. LOL. Today's gospel can be found in Luke 11:5-13 (Further Teachings on Prayer / The Answer to Prayer). The first thing I think of when I read today's gospel is, that God don't owe me anything, and I certainly don't deserve anything from Him. It is Augustine of Hippo who reminds us that "God, who does not sleep and who awakens us from sleep that we may ask, gives much more graciously." This gospel speaks about a friend whose friend, in the middle of the night, asks him for bread. Jesus to will arrive when we least expect Him to. Will need to be ready for Him? Do we even have the slightest clue as to how to be prepared for His arrival? Today's gospel seems to be all about "readiness, hospitality, generosity". What stands between all that and us? This seems to lead my thinking that our sins will be the road block when Jesus comes knocking on our door. How do we handle and manage the sinful part of our lives? That's where the rubber meets the road here. Let's just cut to the chase. We are all guilty of a sinful life; meaning of cause, that we are all sinners. Some of us are horribly engulfed into our sins, while most of us try our best to avoid sins, especially the serious ones.

How do we ready ourselves for His arrival? Better yet, how do we prepare for an hour we don't know, on a day not yet here, demanding something many may not want to surrender? Some of us maybe so entrenched in our own sinful life of whatever, where leaving (dying) might really mess up our earthly plans. Wording it that way, makes me think The Parable of The Rich Fool, Luke 12:13-21. It was verse 20 that puts it all into perspective, "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?" We really need to focus on always being ready for Jesus. At all times. If before I finishing typing and Jesus comes, will I ready? I try everyday to be alert to what I say, what I do, what I think, what I look at. I am so far from being an angel or saint; I am a pitiful sinner. I beg Jesus for His mercy, His love and His forgiveness every single day. But with all that said, I do stay alert and I try my best not to take my eye off the Lord at all. That is why I always suggest that all of us give Jesus 24/7/365, and then fit everything else in. That way you will be consumed by Him and it is He who will always be first in your thoughts, your plans and your ideas.

Sin is a horrible blockade, all satan ever wants us to do, is simply take our eyes off Jesus. That alone is a huge accomplishment for him. Just distract us enough to engulf us into something else, anything else, anything and everything but Jesus. That is my main reason why I am engulfed into Jesus in my life. Some shake their heads and say I am a fool, wasting my life on religion, others have told me to get a life. Satan has sent many of his soldiers out after me. I know who they are, I know the words they speak. No, I don't who they are, but after twenty seven (27) years of a life consumed by Jesus and the Rosary. Believe you-me, I know when someone is trying to separate me from my love of my Lord. It's happened far too many times through all these years. And no matter what, I stay straight to the course. I really don't care what anyone thinks or says about my habits of 24/7/365 Jesus. We are all responsible for ourselves and we are responsible to help as many others as possible to make it to Heaven. No one on this planet will take that from me. I would rather die because of my faith, then surrender to the decay and lies of this world.

Maybe I am a little radical in my faith, and then maybe I'm not. I don't care how it gets interpreted, I really don't. I encourage everyone to find the path to Jesus, and get on it, and NEVER ever leave it, forge forward towards Him. It will take a lifetime, but you will never regret being on that path. Yes many will try to get you off the path, many will throw rocks at you when you go by. Oh so many will curse you and call you names. Pray for them, love them, forgive them and then ask them to join you. Do not let anything distract you. I mean that, it's obvious we all live completely different lives in all sorts of circumstances, but to each is his/her own way. Pray my brothers and sister, and keep praying. Become a prayer warrior like me. Never be distracted. Prayer is a most precious gift we have been given. We have a direct line of communications to God the Father Almighty, and His Son Jesus and our Blessed Precious Mother, and the saints... It is so exciting isn't it.

PRAY - PRAY - PRAY
And when you are done PRAY even more, like this:
"Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries
1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist