Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Visitation - Dads View

Beads of Joy 10-19-10

The Visitation - Dads View
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

This is an absolutely wonderful week. This week we are sharing all about the Rosary. I simply adore the Rosary and the devotions and the mysteries and the life our Lord. We are so fortunate to have it shared and adored with the guidance of these little beads and His precious Mother. I can never fully explain the amount of Joy that fills my heart at the simple thought of just thinking about my Rosary. And let me tell you, while praying my Rosary every single day, I think my heart skips a beat at every Hail Mary. So much Joy, and so much love, I just can't explain it. But I intend to spend my entire life trying to. What good is our life if all we do is, gather, hoard, and then selfishly spend on ourselves. Boring!!! Just as being a dad, is a lifetime experience, "once a dad, always a dad". It's the same way for me when it comes to being "The Rosary Man". Life on this earth only ends when God calls us home, and for me, I will be hitting the pavement and the internet airways as long as God so desires for me. I don't have time to retire. Today we will reflect on the second Joyful Mystery - The Visitation. This mystery from a dads view point is one of caring and assisting with those around us, especially those closest to us, our kids, our cousins, our relatives. What first comes to mind if a family member we know who is suffering in some capacity, or in need of some sort of assistance in their lives. Who usually responds the fasted? Usually it's family, sometimes it's friends, for us lots of the times it's friends. See the reality of it is, some friends are like family and in even more cases, some friends are more than family than family is, at times. Spiritually bonded friends most often fit into this category.

What did Mary do in this situation? Even though she herself was going through some very interesting, at times challenging situations, she dropped everything and ran to her cousins side to help her. Not only was that wonderful and so giving of her, but she has taught us how others came first, even in her pregnancy to Jesus. Nothing in our lives must come before God, but with that said, we can only be true to God when we put others also before ourselves. Let us give our lives totally and completely over to Jesus and do what we should all in honor of Him. When we come running by someones side to help them, let them see our Lord's hands and His feet and hear His words as we do all we can to help that person, whoever they are. Just as I shared that story about the Japanese prisoner who was helped by his American cellmate, when the American said, he wanted to share Jesus, he said, "If this Jesus you speak of is anything like you, I want to meet him." We must love selflessly, giving all we got to others. Mary's example is simply wonderful for us to follow and embrace.

When we look at this mystery what do I see as a dad? I see a daughter whom I am very proud of, one that does not live her life selfishly wrapped around her needs only. Instead she is concerned about the needs of others. She is a loving example of what is expected of all of us. A dad needs to show their children that the world does not revolve around them, nor does it revolve around anyone else. We are all in this together and helping one another get through this is what we are suppose to be doing. As a family member in the Family of God, let us look out for one another, doing what we can with the capacity we have been blessed with. I say this, "How do you know who cares about you? That's simple, just look at who readily uses their own resources, their own treasures, that they care about to help you. That is indeed someone who cares about you before themselves." And resources don't necessarily mean money, resources can be time, talent, skills, and straight out love. When someone cares about you, you know it.

Ok dad's, let's not lose heart with our prayer life. As a dad we need to be leaders in our families, not only spiritually to draw our family closer to our Lord, but also in prayers and in giving. Our lead is critical as dads. Where there aren't any dads, this role can be filled by the moms. Either way teaching and showing and more effectively "doing" is what our kids need to see. Here's a little something I try my best to instill in my kids hearts. Whenever we go to Mass, we always give. Well there are times where giving is next to impossible, or maybe even a bad idea, if our funds are so low that we can't even buy food. But with that said, my kids know that when times are good, we give as much as we can afford, and when times are bad, we give as much as we can afford. Do you see the pattern dads. We must teach our kids to always give, no matter what, with whatever they have. When you only have a couple dollars in your pocket, trust Jesus with all your heart and give it all. You will be blessed, we have been there. And when times are better, don't be cheap, give twenty, forty, sixty. Just do it, it's all for our Lord. My saying is, "Never let the plate pass you by, without giving something."

Thank You Lord for entrusting me with 5 awesome kids.
Lord, may we all pray to you, "Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. Crowing with Thorns
4. Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of Jesus