Thursday, October 28, 2010

Poems About My Sons

Beads of Joy 10-28-10

Poems About My Sons
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Here are a couple poems about my sons, I have way too many about them, to share them all in this blog. I have always enjoyed writing poems. I hope this little insight into the many different interests of mine, help you better understand the depths of my faith.


Proud Daddy to Be
March 8, 1988

June 9th is the day I await,
Just thinking about it makes me feel great.

Let me tell ya I'm a proud daddy to be,
For my world is now complete for eternity.

I can't wait to buy the cigars that day,
And on each cigar you know what'll say.

IT'S A BOY - IT'S A GIRL, I don't care,
Either one is perfectly fair.

I'm very proud and I'll boast real loud,
And my volume, will draw a large crowd.

And I'll tell the crowd it's been my goal,
And I'll tell them this very bold.

See I've always wanted a wife and a couple kids you see,
And this is the first time, I'm gonna be a proud daddy to be.


James Edward Dacey III (Mighty Little Man)
June 18, 1989

For there stands a little man
Who is not that tall,
He has little hands and little feet,
And the funniest thing
Most of all
Is I must squat when we meet.

For this little man
Ain't but 20 inches high
But when he yells you hear,
His voice goes
Way up to the sky
For this little man has no fear.

Then when it comes time
For him to rest
He fights his sleep within,
And if for any reason
There is a guest
He gets a burst of wind.

Now I must warn you
About this man
He fights quite a battle,
For this little man
Shall conquer the land
But he'll have to take along his bottle.


Christopher Dacey (Rambo-baby)
August 21, 1990

This little guy
Has a mind of his own
Nothing can stop him to go,
For he is determined
A tiny warrior
I think of him as a miniature Rambo.

He takes Jimmy's bottle
And his toys
He takes them all from him,
So we yell
And tell him to stop
Then he looks up at us with a grin.

He is bold and strong
And one day you'll see
He'll rip down a satellite tower,
He's my solid kid
Built with bricks
He's definitely a super power.

With his little smile
And giggly laugh
He brings such joy and fun,
We are so proud
And very happy
That little Christopher is our son.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist